Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP and R3trans not working after patching

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we just downloaded the newest version of tp and r3trans and applied the patch 'online'. We used apyr3fix and then apysap with *INCR. Everything seemed to work okay, but now tp doesn't work any more.

When running tp -v in qsh, we see error 'No runtime definition found for symbol o4_getpwuid'.

We are on complete kernel 133 (135) and have patched programs dw and lib_dbsl with dw pl 162 some time ago.

Right now I am thinking the problem might be because of the *INCR which have never done before.

Thanks,

Ingrid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingrid,

The problem is that the apilib interface changed and that the version included in your DW level no longer corresponds to the new interface used by TP and R3TRANS. There may also be other programs affected when other patches get implemented, so my suggestion would be to implement the new 7.00 stack kernel (Patch level 173) and then you'll have everything at the same level again

Regards,

Sally Power

Dev. Support for SAP on IBM i Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

one question.

Have you implemented the Stackkernel 173 yet or do you know some one who have done this?

Does it work properly?

Regards,

Michael Sand

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

after the problems we had, we implemented the complete kernel in our SBX and DEV system. So far we haven't seen any issues.

Regards,

Ingrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ingrid,

when do you will start with implementing this Stackkernel in your PRD-System?

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We already have kernel patch level 173 on our R3 landscape ( DEV,QAS and PRD ) with system i5.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushal,

does it work properly or do you have any issues?

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's working fine without any issue.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

since last week, SAP has removed the kernel patch level 173 from the download page at the OSS-Marketplace, Do you know why?

Could it be reason, that there are existing problem with this kernel patch level 173 ?

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We does not face any problem with kernel SP 173 on OS400

I have no idea why sap removed SAP Kernel SP 173 from service.sap.com

DW patch level 179 is available on sap site. so you should go for kernel patch level 179.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

at the Marketplace, SAP placed a SAPEXE_180 since yesterday, but the SAPEXEDB_180 is not yet available.

I think this must be a reason, that the Keernel Patchlevel 173 wasn't ok in all parts.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

also check Note 1137680 - i5/OS: 700 tools no longer function after applying a patch

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingrid,

that is always ugly, when "DLLs" in the kernel do need updates because of other newer programs ;-((

=> either older tp & r3trans or the latest kernel patch as well - then this symbol will be there ...

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig, consolut international ag

http://www.consolut.de - http://www.4soi.de - http://www.easymarketplace.de