cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP project system Vs Primavera

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is SAP Project System better than Primavera, my client wants me to substantiate. If any one has any documentation about it can you please share the same.

Regards

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think literally there is no comparison between SAP PS and Primavera.

Since SAP PS part of mySAP ERP, you will be able to bring together the triple constraints, such as time, cost and resource on a real time basis, which is not possible in other project management tool.

Controlling of Project Management from the financial point is only possible through ERP. especially budget control.

Monitoring the real time data also possible through SAP PS.

Major advantage with SAP PS is integration with other modules.

Hope it gives some idea to you.

Tnx.

Abdul

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes man, there is an integration between PS & Primavera, for this you will have to use Primavera Inspire software, Primavera Inspire integrates Primavera with SAP enabling transparent and consistent project-related KPIs, such as cost, schedule and resources across your organizationu2019s business processes.

You might be knowing about Primavera, its the master in Scheduling whereas SAP ERP software is the master in Cost Management &Material Management.

The effect on one hand , planners created & developed a project structure & schedule in Primavera. Periodic progress updates were performed there & exchanged with external agencies. On the other hand, project execution transactions, as processing BOM, purschases & material movements, invoicing & all corresponding finanacial & controlling updates took place in SAP.

L & T are using Primavera & SAP both in every projects.

Hope this will help you.

byee

Regards,

Ansar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ansar Shaikh

thanxs for the reply man. i know the integration part is possible what i am looking for is comparative study betwwen the two.

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes Mr Sachin, if u want to learn Primavera then go to KLG systel which is located in ghatkoper Mumbai, they will charge 16000thousand rupees for the course , its a 5 days course (Certificate cource) its very easy to learn. user friendly software (Primavera). Go there they will guide you.

About SAP PS you have to use more money for it depends on the institute. for SAP PS certification it require 4 lacs from Siemens/Genaovate.

ok then Best of luck.

Regards,

ANSAR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi boss

I know all that.

I have done a course in KLG in 2004 and i have also done my certification in SAP project systems in 2006.

But still my question remains, I know SAP PS is better, how can I substantiate the difference between the two? I am looking for any document that can differentiate between SAP PS and Primavera 6, because I havenu2019t worked on it!

I canu2019t ask my client to do what you said, can I?

Regards

Sachin.

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't know comparative study between Primavera and SAP PS but in short.

Primavera is a piece of software that helps, supports companies to work in a project environment. That is. This is only for this.

SAP is ERP system that can support all aspects of company FI, CO, PP, etc, and you can use many master data from other modules in PS. This is called integration.

So in smaller project company from one country you can use Primavera it is ok, but if you have international company with many company codes, plants, stocks, project teams you probably will choose SAP. Why? Because the most important thing in SAP is integration among modules and flow data from one module to other in SAP. In Primavera you won't get it.

Hope this a little help

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sachin,

am working as a functional but please share with me some document i.e:plm200 to plm 240 sub. to availablity, as am wish to appear for ps certification...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Check link mentioned below.

http://scn.sap.com/message/6797792#6797792

Regards

Tushar