Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mask special characters

TJRP
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a really strange problem.

When a user enters text into the purchase order item text with more than 1 &, the SAPscript when printing the PO item text thinks that in between the &'s there's a varaible and text is omitted.

Have anyone else come across this situation before, I believe there may be a system parameter missing but not sure what.

Any help will be applicated

Regards

J-J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

TJRP
Participant
0 Kudos

I have now fixed the issue, there was a SAP bug and the special characters were not getting recognised correctly when printing long text, see OSS note 864584

TJRP
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses guys, all these proposed solutions are looking at the symptom and not the root cause.

My question is why does, the text get printed out containing (>&<)> in one SAP system and it behaves differently in another clients system

Regards

J-J

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use an include text instead of the read_text fm.

goto the general attributes of a text element. From the drop down menu, convert the text type to include text.

The just as in read_text fm pass the parameters

text name, text object, text id and language.

Every thing will be handled automatically

This might also help you..

There might be a case where we would need to print 2 commas in SAPScript, but SAPScript interprets ,, as a tab. To print 2 commas in SAPScript, here is an alternative:

<(>,<)>

This will preserve the double comma and not consider it as a Tab.

If there are ,, (Double comma) in the text and you want to avoid it to be being treated as TAB then use u201C<(>,<)>,u201D instead of double commas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

While using READ_TEXT, loop through the internal table and concatenate the TDLINE into a variable inside the loop and get that etxt into the variable.

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess this way might work, while reading you item text using READ_TEXT try to replace & with'AND' and pass it to form. or look for other alternatives like giving space after & may also work out in your case.

rgds,

sairam