cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Manager and DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have only had a high level understanding of Content Management up until now. I am currently planning for the storage of CAD, PDF, and Microsoft files for our ECC environment. We are running ECC 6.0. We are planning on using KPro to connect to the content server to retrieve the files. I have reviewed the help on Content Server 6.3 and how that is suppose to be installed and configured. I am not sure how DMS fits into the architecture, does it?

Can you use DMS instead of a seperate content manager server or do they work together?

Can Content Server be installed on and ECC server or must it be on seperate hardware. I was thinking it would be best to have a development content server to test with and a production content server. (If I need a content server at all). If I have to build a content server for development can it share hardware since it will not do very much... only for testing.

Any assistance on this architecture would be great.

Thanks,

Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

You are thinking on right track. Any Pc you can take and make it as a development content server and one important thing, K-Pro and DMS both are different thing. In DMS you can store your documents either in K-Pro or SAP standard server, which can again make it down. So to make use of K-Pro server is best option along with DMS.

Regards,

Punam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAP Architecture. You have to install content server separately, you can't install on SAP server.

As per my view for Development & Quality take some low end hardware and make the content server.

Regards,

Sunny