Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Setting:

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. After the user logs on

2. TAB Extras >Settings>Check mark on " DONOT display picture "

In our corporation somehow for all the users this " donot display picture " got checked. This prevented the corporation logo to be present.

How do I know How this got "CHECKED" for all users ?? which table , how ? who did it ??

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

User with the access to tcode SM30/SE16 might have modified the easy access screen to change its dispaly to all the users.

I got to know that in SM30 for table SSM_CUST the entry HIDE_START_IMAGE controlls the display of the easy access screen to all users in the server.

If logs are maintined then fetch a report for the users who have used tcodes sm30/se16 and changed the values of HIDE_START_IMAGE = YES.

I guess that helps

Rakesh

0 Kudos

My reporting is primarily with SUIM.

How do we get this report ??

I can find those who have access to SM30 /16 but specific to HIDE_START_IMAGE = YES. I dont knwo how to get .

Again Rakesh..tables in QAS & PRD are non modifiable ?

However great answer !! Wonder how you dug out these tables ..jr. Juluis ??

0 Kudos

> ..tables in QAS & PRD are non modifiable ?

Maybe the modification came into these systems via a transport?

0 Kudos

Hi,

If the modifications came via tranpsort then SUIM will not fetch you results in QAS n PRD systems.

Track the changes made in the Dev Box for the tcodes SM30/SE16.

Rakesh

0 Kudos

SSM_CUST changes will likely be transported up the stack.

An alternate would be to check table E071 in QA for

Program ID R3TR

Object Type TABL

Object Name SSM_CUST

This will give all the requests that made changes to this table.

Cheers

Abhishek

0 Kudos

> If the modifications came via tranpsort then SUIM will not fetch you results in QAS n PRD systems.

> Track the changes made in the Dev Box for the tcodes SM30/SE16.

If you activate the table change log in the transport profile as well as the system profile, then SCU3 will tell you which transport changed the table.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

>If you activate the table change log in the transport profile as well as the system profile, then SCU3 will tell you which transport changed the table

Thats Right!! I missed out that Julius..!!!

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Glad to be helpfull

But I still suspect that we might be on the wrong track here - if I remember correctly, users can hide their own start images. At least I know that some developers did not like my "Santa runs SAP" image and hid it at the user level.

Perhaps somebody hid it for all users at the user level?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thats a good option too..

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I guess administrator has the option to either set an user menu or an sap menu.

Table USERS_SSM controls the on/off activity for these type of settings to users.

One with the admin access can change the sap easy access screen for all users.

Rakesh

0 Kudos

That was my thought as well. Somebody flicked the switch to user menu only.

@ Geroge: Any progress on your side with this information?

0 Kudos

Yes !! I had resolved this how--> initated a trace on an ID in the DEV changed it " display picture option" detremined which table this info was locked in ( AN AGR_something..idont recall now !!) and then I determined that there was a transport that had gon ein ..for about 800 users and its this 800 users that were effected !

Further Ididnot go in as I was worried only if someone intentionaly had done it--. no the trnasport was approved one !

Apologies for not updating !!

0 Kudos

Nah, you see: the world is not all bad

Thanks for the reminder,

Julius

0 Kudos

Really !! its not bad !!

Also I cannot but state how great this forum is--> true meaning of forum -> you post , you discuss, everything not expectig anything !! and a fratenity is developed and growing !