cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Sending IDoc to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are not being able to send Idocs from one of our Back-end SAP system. The Idoc status in we05 is successful but it doesn't reach XI. So we checked in SM58 in the Back-end R/3 system and there it shows the error:

No Service For System  SAP*** , Client *** in Integration Directory

We tried almost every possible setup

-The System is defined in SLD and has the logical system name.

-The Adapter Specific Identifiers are correct for the corresponding business system in ID

-The RFC destination in R/3 system is defined.

- Read through other similar threads in SDN about the similar problem.

Do anyone have a more definite solution for this particular problem? The other R/3 systems are connected to XI system and all IDocs from those systems are arriving at XI.

Waiting for your valuable advices!

Regards,

Suddha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Check with distibution model view using BD64...it is requierd for idoc sender.

so configure Distibution Model View using BD64 where we need configure sender and receiver systems and message types.

Regards

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check below mentioned steps once again

1. Check test connection & remote logon through SM59 in R3 system

2. check ports & partner profile outbound configuration in R3 system

3. check weather partner profile link up with ur R3 application, if it is SO, PO or other transactions.

4. check ur R3 user have rights to send idoc to external system or not, some times it is giving problem.

At XI end

1. Check with basis team weather u have rights to receive idoc from external system or not

2. check IDX1 and IDX2 configurations.

3. check weather u have imported complete idoc or not, why because some times idoc imported successfully but can receive data from R3 due to authorization problem

3. In ID check receiver determination & interface determination configuration settings.

I think SLD configuration no problem for ur scenario, why because ur r sender is IDOC

I hope it will help to sort out.

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suddha,

In Partner Profiles,have you created Partner Number as <XI SID><Client> in R/3 system?

suppose if your XI system SID is XID and client is 001. In R/3 system,Partner number should be XID001 in partner profiles(Tcode-WE20).

And also check Your R/3 Business system details in SLD in XI.

Cheers,

Jag

Edited by: jag on Aug 22, 2008 4:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jag,

Thanks for your response...............I think I would like to check the Partner Profile once............that might be the problem. Do you mean the entry for XI system or the Sender SAP system itself? The XI system in maintained in the partner profile. Moreover this is a B2B scenario where we send data to an external customer and hence the Idoc is sent to an External IDoc partner which is maintained in the partner profile under KU. Do you have any other suggestions for me?

The SLD though has the business system created properly. Let me check that and I will get back to you soon.

I thank others for finding time to respond to my query. We are still struggling and will update you if we find the solution. In the mean time, I would like to have other opinions as well.

Thanks,

Suddha

Edited by: Suddhasatta Guha on Aug 22, 2008 9:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We had eventually found the solution to this problem we were facing in sending IDoc, though I couldn't manage to update the thread with the solution. I think this would be a very helpful information for those who face similar problems.

Let me describe the scenario first briefly,

We are sending an IDoc (Idoc extension), from SAP system to XI and then send the XML payload as mail attachment to the receiver via receiver mail adapter. Since this is a cross company transaction, hence we have configured the scenario as a B2B in ID, which means we use Parties for both the sender and receiver.

Now in the ID we had done all necessary configurations and used parties and services under Party. For the sender SAP system we assigned a Business System to Sender Partner, configured the Party Alternative Identifiers correctly. The ports were created in IDX1.

On the other hand the SAP system was also configured successfully - including Partner Profile, Distribution List, RFC destinations and ports.

In SLD we created Business System for the SAP system and in ID the Business System under party had the correct logical system name as Adapter Specific Identifiers.

But after all these, the IDoc was not arriving at XI, though in R/3 the status of the IDoc was 03 in we02. When we checked in sm58 in R/3, it showed us the error message that "No Service For System SAP*** , Client *** in Integration Directory".

The cause to this problem was:

We created (assigned from SLD) Business System only under Party (Sender), as this was a B2B scenario, and didn't create (assign) a Business System without Party, as we didn't need one at all in the scenario configuration. And this the reason behind this error. When an Idoc arrives at XI, before the Inbound IDoc adapter converts the IDoc to IDoc XML using IDoc metadata............it checks in Configuarion to see if any Service without Party (Busniess System) is defined for the Sender SAP System and Client (The SNDPOR and MANDT field values from IDoc Control header are taken as the SAP SID and Client). If it finds one it accepts the IDoc and starts the Normalization (Sender Party, Service......in the message header) and IDoc to XML conversion. If it cannot find an Service without Party in ID for sender system, it rejects the Idoc with the error message that we saw in sm58 in backend R/3 system.

In this step the Service under Party doesn't help, because at this point the Inbound IDoc adapter can not deterimine the sender party.

Hence for sending an IDoc from an SAP system to XI, we need to have an Service Without Party in ID, whether or not we require it in our actual Scenario Configuration, which is ofcourse not a case for the Reverse Scenario, ie Sending an IDoc into SAP system from XI.

This is the similar with BC adapter as well. I was already aware about this behaviour of BC adapter from my past experience and this actually helped to troubleshoot this IDoc adapter problem.

This was ofcourse a useful and new learning for me and hope would be helpful to others as well. Let me know if anyone has any doubts on this.

Regards,

Suddha

Edited by: Suddhasatta Guha on Aug 28, 2008 1:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

" No Service For System SAP*** , Client *** in Integration Directory "

This error occurs when the adapter details are not correctly defined.

The following checks will help

In the Integration Directory , Go to the Business system or Business Service , Check the adapter specific attributes for the Sending R/3 system.

Thnz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This kind of errro is normally with IDOC scenarios....

Check if the Port is properly setup in IDX1 and import the IDOC strcuture in IDX2 before executing the scenario.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suddha,

Check whther you ALE settings are properly configured or not. For this refer the following link

[|]

Regards,

Akshay