cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Conversion error in Receiver File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing the below error in receiver file adapter .

Conversion initialization failed: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "4|8|10|2|10|4|10|4|40|40|40|1|20|2|20|8|40|0|12|12|12|1|12|4|4|8|40|8|8|8|8|12|40|8|10|10|10|10|10|1|10"

Kindly suggest !

Regards,

Hemanthika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check it - File adapter is active ? try to Re-activate the same.

Also do CPACache Refresh.

Still problem, tyr out by restarting the Adapter Engine.

I guess you're just trying to send all the data in your file record to a <data> element as a whole. If so, this blog will help you:

Under certain operating system platforms, such as Solaris, the APIs used by the Java Runtime (JRE) are not Unicode-aware. Consequently, the JRE needs to be configured to correctly interpret the character set it receives from the operating system.

This is configured through the "file.encoding" system property as well as the "LANG" environment variable.

Make sure you set "file.encoding" to a character set (such as ISO-8859-1) that supports the special characters you would like to process. This system property can be configured by appending "-Dfile.encoding=<encoding>" to the Java VM parameters section of the SAP J2EE Config Tool.

Additionally, you need to set the "LANG" environment variable to a locale that supports more than 7 bits, such as "de.ISO8859-1". The encoding you specify in the LANG environment variable needs to match the encoding set via "file.encoding".

You can persistently configure the environment variable by setting it in the profile $HOME/.sapenv_$HOSTNAME.csh of the <sid>adm user: setenv LANG de.ISO8859-1

Refer this article

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10dd67dd-a42b-2a10-2785-91c40ee5...

See below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Please refer this thread .

Cheers,

Regards,

Suryanarayana

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Thanks every one . The issue is solved. Actually the number of fields in the mapping and the number mentioned in the FCC did not match.so this caused the problem and also I have placed the seperator in a wrong place. Instead of , in the value i used | .

Regards,

Hemanthika

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use UDF in mapping you can throw the NumberFormatException.

whenever your string input is not converted into Number Format, You may get this type of error.

int i;

try

{

i=Integer.parseInt(stringInput);

}catch(NumberFormatException nfe)

{

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please tell me what u r doing in the mapping?,

what is u r input and in which format u want o/p?

Thanks,

Madhav

Note: points if useful