cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Project Definition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to create a project under CJ27, it does not allow me to create since I have used edit option in Project coding mask. when I remove the edit option it alows me.

Can you let me know where the linkage is set between project defintion and Project ID?

Rg

vk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

The main use of coding mask is to have edit option with the coding. Based on the coding mask, We create Project ID + Coding Mask with special character. When you create Project defintion, in case of edit option it will accept any of the porject ID and the Project defintion will be complete strating with given ID plus extention. So it is simple and thats the only logic which the system understand when creating the definition as so many Project ID's are created. Ther e is no update in project profile as far as naming is concerned.

Do let me know, if you still have doubt.

Regards

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Thanjks it really works.

rg

vk

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

The edit option works exactly the way Bharat has explained. But I would like to add here even if the tick is not there and the Project which your going to create should not have the starting character same as any of the coding mask defined in T.code OPSJ. Because even if Edit option is unticked and you try to create project having the first character in PrjID in the coding mask then the system would follow that particular coding mask.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a validation to control project profile and coding mask.

Tnx.

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to default coding mask in any project profile...like you do for other profiles wherever necessary.

It will check all entries of Proj-PSPID and PRPS-POSID against coding mask if Edit indicator is flagged. Else it will not and you can create projects with any name.

It is adviseable to have it flagged for better control.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay ,

With the Edit field in the coding mask you can choose whether the Projects can be created without a Coding mask or a coding mask is compulsory for creating a project .

So when you deselect the Edit field in the coding mask system doesnt check for the coding mask you use and allows you to create a project without any check with the existing coding masks .

When you selected the indicator the usage of a defined coding mask is necessary .

Hope that helps .

Kish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kish,

I understand that based on the coding mask I setup project ID and if I want to create a project it will have to exactly as per the naming in project ID if the edit option has been used in coding mask.

But my question is that where does the project ID assigned (I have checked project Profile) that it does not allow project deifnition other than the Project ID format.

Rg

VK