cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS 1.0 sp13 Keyfigure Monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have deployed the MSS 1.0 sp13 . when i execute the keyfigure monitor which is component developed in webdynpro for ABAP . When i am executing this application i am getting an error .

Error Details

The exception 'CX_FQDN' was raised, but it was not caught anywhere along

the call hierarchy.

Since exceptions represent error situations and this error was not

adequately responded to, the running ABAP program

'CX_FQDN=======================CP' has to be

terminated.

Any one has any clues on this exception .

the application name is : key_figure_monitor

Thanks & Regards

Praveen.K.T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

FQDN is an extremely common error. Did you try searching for this error message in the SDN Forums, the Service Marketplace Notes, or Help.SAP.COM before posting? There are answers in each location.

FQDN means that your server doesn't have a fully qualified domain name. Here is the online help link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/67/be9442572e1231e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

when the fully qualified host name is given the error goes . When i am testing the keyfigure service from SICF its showing me the UI . But when the same iview is called from the portal its showing the page cannot be displayed .

since this iview is the standard iview given by SAP as a part of the BPERPCOMMON 1.0 sp13 .

when trying to preview that iview i am getting page cannot be displayed . But when i testservice from SICF in ECC6.0 it working .

Thanks & Regards

Praveen.K.T

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

A standard iView of course doesn't come delivered from SAP knowing the URL of your backend servers. You must configure a system connection within the portal and assign this system to the iView configuration. From your description, I would assume that your portal administrators have incorrectly configured the system connector for your MSS system. They must have it using a non-FQDN url; whereas the configuration in the instance profile of the backend system itself is correct - hence the correct URL when you run the application from SICF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas Jung ,

the Portal is also configured for FQDN and my system connection test is sucessful for all the 3 ie

ITS,WASand connector . with fully qualified hostname even all the parameter given in the ITS,WAS,Connector properties has been given fully qualified hostname only .

since its a business package for MSS the iview will contain a default alias that alias has been added in the system .

But when we test the application from the SICF - webdynpro>SAP> . The application display the output correctly.

Is there anyhing that need to be configured for abap webdynpro iview .

Thanks & Regards

Praveen.K.T

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

For a normal Web Dynpro ABAP iView there should be no additional configuration. It should simply pull the URL from the Alias Configuration. Perhaps because this is MSS there is some additional configuration somewhere. I can only speak to Web Dynpro ABAP iViews in general.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas Jung ,

Thnaks for the reply.

i noticed one thing that just i created a test iview for ABAPwebdynpro by using one flight component in /bc/webdynpeo/sap /.

this also not working .

i have given Name sapce as : SAP

and the applicationname : as the component name .

basically this should work know .

Regarding the actual problem in MSS iview

when the abapwebdynpro iview is called its giving pagecannot be displayed ie the service it self is not called

i am getting the link like this

res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm#http://bbleccdev.bharatbijlee.com:3600/sap/bc/webdynpro/SAP/fpb_variance_monitor_overview/;sap-ext-sid=xASS1uCSonu*dp7kglIO4AgWrJBYscTK81P7OrZDeHSg

************************************************************************************************************

but from this link if i put

http://bbleccdev.bharatbijlee.com:3600/sap/bc/webdynpro/SAP/fpb_variance_monitor_overview in the browser directly its calling the application .

Do u have any idea why such things happening . since portal is also calling the URL only know ..

Thanks for the support

Thanks & Regards

Praveen.K.T

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It sounds like you have serious problems with your URL naming/DNS resolution that you need to work out. Did you manually create a HOSTS entry on your PC to get the FQDN working directly? If so this will only fix the problem for you. It sounds like the portal server can't resolve that domain name. You need to make sure that the domain name you specify in the URL of the FQDN is addressible by all machines that will access the ABAP-AS.