cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Object on SAP Web Application server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Can Business Objects be installed on SAP Web Application Server?

Any Help is appreciated.

Thanks

Yashu Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yashu,

No, this is not currently possible.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

Thanks for your input.

I found this information on SDN

Can Business Object Enterprise Web Tier be deployed on SAP NetWeaver system with usage type AS Java?"Yes, this is supported for Java 1.4 (NW 7.0), see http://support.businessobjects.com/documentation/supported_platforms/default.asp

However, the BOE Web Tier is not shipped with SAP NetWeaver, but can be deployed on an SAP NetWeaver system with usage type AS Java at customer side.

SAP is evaluating if we could ship the Busines Object Enterprise Web Tier with SAP NetWeaver in the future but that cannot be confirmed yet.

Still, in this scenario, the Busines Object Enterprise backend server would need to be installed as a separate server."

Can the Busines Object Enterprise backend server be deployed on an SAP NetWeaver system with usage type AS Java?

"No, as this is not a J2EE application, but a mix of Java and C++.

SAP is evaluating if the Busines Object Enterprise backend server could be shipped as a ""Standalone engine"" (as it is the case for BIA and Livecache

Can the whole or at least relevant parts of the whole Busines Object Enterprise be deployed to the NetWeaver J2EE server, so that distinct scenarios for Busines Object applications run without the need to install a separate Busines Object Enterprise backend server?

This scenario is currently planned for the next generation Analysis Client (Project: Pioneer) and evaluated for the Java based Crystal Version.

I am trying to understand the difference between BOE Web Tier and Busines Object Enterprise backend server....can you throw some light on it if you can.

I am a SAP BI consultant and one of my customers have this question on BOBJ. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Yashu Raj