cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS_onalert_email & _V2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the difference between CCMS_onalert_email(local MTE) & CCMS_onalert_email_V2(Any). If i want to send alerts from local MTE should i use CCMS_onalert_email ?

For Example i want to send alerts from solman - SAP CCMS Monitor Templates, since there are local Monitor trees, what selections do i need to use in autoreaction methods.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Both method can be used to send ccms email alert. I've tried it successfuly.

The different for CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2 is we can define email subject with parameter 'SUBJECT_ALERT'.

You can refer to this SAP note 796998 for more information about CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2.

I hope this may help.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do i need to install ccms agents on solman too, in order to send email alerts from local monitroing(solman) trees.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your Solman is central monitoring system (CET)?

If you want to monitor a system with CCMS agents, you require an agent for every instance (central instance and possible dialog instances) of the system. In the case of Java standalone and double-stack systems, this is automatically ensured, in the case of ABAP systems, you need to install the appropriate agent for each instance of the system.

During the registration of the agent, you require connection data from the agent to CEN. SAP recommend that you generate this data in a CSMCONF file in CEN before the registration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Solman is my CEN. I have already configured ccms agents on satellite systems & it is working fine.

Now i installed ccmsping on solman & monitoring the availability, since ccmsping availability monitoring tree element is consisdered as local MTE(solman), do i need to install ccms4x agent on solman in order to send alerts from solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kobby,

If you are using the RZ21 screen and assigning the Central auto reactions for the MTEs on the solman system also, then yes you need to register the ccms agent.

Or else as this is local, you can use the old method, of assigning the CCMS_EMAIL_ON_ALERT_V2 method to the individual methods.

Regards,

Kaustubh.