cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF view of smartform in ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing a strange problem. We implemented the payroll pay stub for ESS by means of form from PE51 to smartform and output of smartform into PDF on the portal.

We also added a logo picture to the smartform. The pay stub looked just fine in development.

We then transported to QAS. When I transported, I had 3 transports: one that contained the logo, one for the smart form and one for the two features that have to be setup to determine the form from PE51 to be processed and the smartform that is to be converted to PDF.

In QAS we had the surprise to see that the logo didn't show - I tried to manually import the .bmp in QAS, and the logo was still not showing. We then re-transported the transports and re-activated the features in QAS, and the logo still doesn't show.

Another difference we find is in the actuall view of the pay stub in PDF. It looks much smaller in QAS and the font is blue while it is black in development. I didnt' configure any blue colour in the style assigned to the smartform.

I checked the configuration between QAS and DEV and it is identical in termns of smartform, features and logo.

Any idea what else we could ceck? There is definitely a difference between the two environments. No ABAP development was implemented for this, everything is standard configuration.

Thank you,

Nicoleta

<MOVED BY MODERATOR TO THE CORRECT FORUM>

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Aug 21, 2008 3:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess this could be one of the reason, You told you have done your changes and appended to 3 transport request, make sure..you transport this objects in the same order. otherwise it will give you a problem.

Example:

transport#1 --> you have added one window with name "photo"

released, but not transported to QA. Later you found you do need this new photo window. So you created a new transport request.

transport#2 --> deleted "photo" window

and released your transport request.

Now you should tell the basis to move your requests in the following order, i.e. Transprot#1 , transport#2.

If you don't move it in correct sequence and move TP#2 first and TP#1 later you still see the "Photo" window which is agianst our requirement.

close the thread once your question is answered.

Regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

we solved the problem.

The user ID settings were different in quality.

Thank you all.

Nicoleta

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to upload the logo using program RSTXLDMC and check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check the configration of printer 'lp01' or 'locl' etc between both dev & production server to be same for the user.

It will resolve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

We checked and the test user in DEV has nothing assigned in the default printer. The test user in QAS had LOCL assigned in the default printer. We removed the LOCL from defaults for QAS test user and the pay stub no longer showed on the ESS.

Where do we check the configuration of printer LOCL?

Thanks,

Nicoleta