cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow R/3 transactions in ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing a EP (Portal) project with lots of R/3 transactions via ITS. Our transactions are special in that they don't take any user-typed input parameter. When the menu option is selected, results are displayed with no questions at all to the user.

As you can guess, we are doing this because our target user is a top manager who doesn't know (or care) how to use R/3, he just needs to see the results of a few specific queries.

Anyway, the problem is that these transactions take some time to load (as much as a minute), so we want to display a "Please wait" screen, or a progress bar, or something like that, so he knows that his request is being processed - a white screen is no good.

Is it possible to do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to have a intermediary page with loading icon and form action tag pointing to your ITs application with autosubmit of the page.

Which version of R/3 you are using.

if its on WAS you could create a BSP page to do this

or if you are not on WAS then you can create a simple webrfc application doing this.

Regards

Raja

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A few suggestions....

(1) How "fast" are the transactions when running directly through the SAP GUI? If slow-ish, then well, they will be slightly slower still via ITS.

(2) Check the guides for tuning ITS. That will help "fix" any performance issues with ITS.

(3) Check the complexity of the transactions you are running. You might be able to strip them down a good bit to make them more "web friendly". Look at converting them to ITS transactions (fairly easy process). Then when the manager runs them, they won't have to worry about the whole WebGUI loading up....just a simple ITS page.

Hope this helps.

C.Solomon

Former Member
0 Kudos

The transactions are "natively slow". This is an accepted fact (for now, anyway).

So it's not an ITS problem, but since I use ITS to display the transaction results, I believe it's ITS the correct place to do what I need - which is just to display a simple "Please wait, processing transaction" banner or something like that.

Does ITS provide a means to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Assuming that the cause of the slowness is not network related, my suggestion is to identify the place in the ABAP code where the bottlenecks occur and include some-sort of a timer there that would advise user on the process through messages/progress bar/popup window. Let's say, you have long running select against BKPF of some other huge table. You need to check status of your quesry processing and advise user on the timing status.

The other way is to place a static message on the portal of ITS-iView frame saying that user will have to wait for a certain time to see reported data.

Regards,

Mike