cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto syndication - SP06 patch 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I read some posts saying there are some bugs with Auto syndication with SP06 patch2.

I am facing a peculiar issue on same version wherein files keep on getting transported to Outbound Port regularly when the process is in workflow.... Did you guys face same issue?

Regards,

Dev.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devashish/Simona,

Just wanted to share something with you.

Whenever we include Syndicate step in workflow and select the option check out records in the start step then all the records present in the workflow will be syndicated even if you put Validation or Branch step. But the records will be syndicated.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something for SAP to look at in coming versions.... as this doesnt make sense... users cannot edit checked out records then why send these records to ane external system..

Anyway guys thanks for help.. closing thread..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devashish,

In the workflow you might have not assigned a port to the syndicate step instead you might have kept the port's Processing Type = Automatic thats why Syndication server is syndicating the records after every time interval.

To syndicate the records using Workflows you need to use the Syndicate step and assign the port with Processing Type=Manual. Whenever this step reached in the workflow path Syndication server will syndicate the records.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devashish ,

Are you performing automatic syndication of records using the syndicate step in the workflow or jsut by using automatic syndication byconfiguring the syndication server and the ini file?

The reason is that if you are using the sutomatic syndicate step to syndicate the records presesnt in the workflow then the syn sever should send out the records only on reaching the syndicate stensil step in the workflow.The records caught by the workflow will have to reach the syndiacte step to be sebd out on satisfying the consitions.

But however if you have records in the mdm rep which are not caught by the wf but are just presend.and the syn server is working it will syndicate those rec out after the time interval irrespective of it getting enriched in the wf.As the polling is going on continously by the server and the rec are presnt in the mdm rep and are not bounded by any condition or wf so will be send out

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simona,

The latter is the one which I feel my approach is leading me to... I am not using Syndicate step in w/f.

But I would have expected checked out records to not to be syndicated... but even they are...

My WF:

Start (Check out) -> (Manual) Approve -> Branch (Validation - checking Approve or Reject) -> Stop (Check in / Roll back)

And in my Syndication map, I have the condition to syndicate records having Approve and my own condition for Status field..

So till we do not have Approve, records do get syndicated - an obvious feature. The moment I approve the record by editing the field, records start getting syndicated... and then they keep on going there until wf is complete or deleted!

I wwas trying a workaround but that doesnt seem to work...

I had post this in a separate thread but just wanted to raise this question: Is it not possible to have validations from main table on qualifiers?

Regards,

Dev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devashish,

Ideally Checkout records should not get syndicated untill the workflow releases them on the workflow completion.

But I fear that even checkout records gets syndicated if the syndication server is working.

Try using the checkout and the syndicate stencil combination in your workflow and then see the effect.

I hope it works

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

The discussion was MDM 5.5 SP6 P2 doesn't support the Syndication by using Workflows.

In your case check the other ports with Processing Type=Automatic may be syndication server is syndicating to these ports. Also check the output by deleting the workflow task. I never had faced this type of issue.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jitesh,

Syndicator is outputting to only 1 port to which it is assigned to output... and as soon as I delete the WF syndicator stops outputting the files.. its generating almost 3 files per minute till WF task is stopped.. donno wats causing the issue...

Regards,

Dev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It may be the problem of syndication map of your outbound port.

Check XML file output option in your syndication manager for syndication map.

Change it to Single File(All records).

in your case syndicator genarating one file for one record.

Thank you,

Audi.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Audi,

Its a flat file output... so all records are in 1 file...

By the way - is it legal to pass flat files for auto-syndication? Cud not find any documentation in Syndication guide... In IM guide we do have legal and illegal file description...