cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I am using ECC 6.0 with Oracle 10 on HP unix.I want to do Client copy 110 from my Production server to Development server 220.Please explain me step by step and what is pre-request for me for client copy.

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to do client copy in a new client than create a new client in Dev saytem & than you have two option for client copy.

1:- Remote client copy

2:- Client Export /Import

In remote client copy login in the client (dev system) & make a RFC between DEV & PRD & start remote client copy.

In client export/import use T-code scc8 aftewr export ,you have three file in folder data & cofile,copy these files in dev system's data & cofile using FTP & than add these request to the import queu of DEV system & import ,After import run scc7 for post processing import.

Let me know if you have any issur regarding client copy

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your repply

One Client 220 is already created in Development Server.I want to copy in this Client i.e 220 of my Production Client 440 through remote client copy.RFC is already created.

Then I should login in client of DEV 220 then TCode-scc9 .am I right ? Give me prerequest for this remote client copy.i.e how to check the size of my databse.

thanks

Kumar

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check your database size by running client copy in test mode.And make sure both server have the same kernal patch lavel & same support pack lavel.Before start client copy please do RFC system comparison before in the target system, this will compare the data dictionarys between the source and target system, as any differences will cause the copy to fail.

karan

Edited by: karan Singh on Aug 22, 2008 6:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karan for your repply.

karan one client is already created in my Devlopment server .Whats option should I select

i.e Automatic recording of changes or other one

and Change to repositort and Cross Client Customizing Allow or other one

and Whats : Protection level ?

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please go throw once the Note which kaushal has already told.

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks karan,

Can I schedule remote client copy in background at night time.?and at the time of remote client copy , User can work on Source System i.e Production.System?

thanks

Kumar

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

yes You can shedule remote client copy in background.

Karan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> User can work on Source System i.e Production.System?

yes - they can, but this can lead to inconsistencies in the target system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While doing the client copy the source and target system should not accessed by the users which will occur inconsitencies.

Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check Note 552711 - FAQ: Client copy

for remote client copy check Note 557132 - CC-TOPIC: Remote client copy

for client transport check Note 70547 - CC-TOPIC: Client transport

also check Note 489690 - CC INFO: Copying large production clients

regards,

kaushal