cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITEM NUMBER IN SALE ORDER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

When we are making purchase orders with account assignment E.

The item level sale order number only we are able to given ,item number not able to given.where we assign the item number.

ie 120000087 Item number like 1 or 10 etc

Regards,

T.Murugu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In vov8, the number range cloumn we got an option of external assignment. In what circumstances it will be used? can u tell me how to configure the same??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I sam going through your thread i found that about externa l number range in Sales document type VOV8 is used f

when you are going to create sales document with external number range means that you want to give number for that document on your own not by the system .

here you need to assign external number range for sales document types.

once you assign the number range when ever you are going to create sales document you need to enter the document number in the overview screen field name called standard order then only you can save the document.

I hope this will clear your doubt.

Regards,

pavan.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Murugu

Assuming that you are asking about sale orders, go to VOV8, select your order type and see the field [Item no increment]

Here if you maintain 1, in sale order, the first line item will start with 1, second line item with 2 etc., Similarly, if you maintain 10 here, the increment will be in tens.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply.But i am not asked sale order item .After make a sale order,when we are make the purchase order with account assigment E.system ask sale order number and Item number .we are able to give the sale order but item number not appear.

Regards,

T.Murugu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Murugu

Can you please let us know in which transaction you are trying this ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

Create purchase order -ME21N

Regards,

T.Murugu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Murugu

Go to IMG Path -- Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Purchase Order --> Define Document Types.

Here against your PO type, if you maintain 1 under the tab [ItmInt] in ME21N, it will display as 1. On the other hand, if you maintain 10, in ME21N also, it will display as 10.

Hope this is what you are also asking.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

Thanks for your consequent replies.But i want to know Sales document item number(SDI).when create purchase order in ME21N with account assignmet E.Sales document and sales document item(SDI) i have to given.but item number not appear.

Regards,

T.Murugu

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the purchase order, you can enter the sale order and line item in the account assignment tab for that line item. Here you can see two fields for entering the sale order and also the line item.

Regards,

GSL.