Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI for HTML no download dialog in IE 7 and IE 6

alexander_gtz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a strange behaviour of my webgui in our ERP 6.0 and also in other systems.

If i call a transaction that has the option to download e.g. a table to text file or something else, the dialog box where i can choose the format is shown, but the next step where i can specify where to download the file is not shown. I get no error .... nothing.

If i do the same with Firefox it works...

Does anyone have an idea if this could be an IE setting?

Many thanks

Best regards

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

The ITS uses a java applet for the download and upload functionality. Be sure that your IE browsers are not blocking applets and have a JVM installed. See note 980772 for supported JVMs.

Edgar

alexander_gtz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

5 minutes ago i installed actual Java plugin and now it works Thanks for your answer, full points.

Do you know if there are also problems if it is called over citrix? Or could it there also be the plugin version?

Best regards

Alex

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

The citrix client also needs the JVM installed for download to work. The browser and JVM should be all you need.

Edgar

alexander_gtz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i looked at it. 1.5 is installed and i took all the sites under "Trusted Sites"...

Strange the note says 1.5 should work.

On my local PC where it is now ok i installed 1.6.0_07, but before i already had 1.4.2_17, which was not working.

Best regards

Alex

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

Does the JVM start up? You should see the Java icon in the Windows Task bar (bottom right, near the clock). If so you could activate the trace by opening the console window and typing a 3 for trace level 3. This will give information. It is important to note that the IE has a setting to allow Java applets or not and which JRE/JVM to use, under the "Internet Options" and "Advanced" tab. Of course this means that the correct JRE/JVM needs to checked.

Edgar

Answers (0)