Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert to PDF from spool containing Multiple Copies

antony_paul2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi ,

Requirement is to convert a spool request to PDF. I am using the program RSTXPDF4 to do the same.

In my driver program I am setting tdcopies = 004 so that it gives me 4 copies ( +Original , Duplicate , Triplicate ..etc +)

But when I convert the corresponding spool request to PDF using the program RSTXPDF4 i can only generate 1 copy ( Original ), ie i cannot generate PDF for the copies ( Duplicate,Triplicate,.. ) ..

Regards,

Antony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U need to create a Z-PROGRAM as copy of RSTXPDFT4 (not RSTXPDF4), and insert the new abap code u need in order to download more copies than one.

Max

Edited by: max bianchi on Aug 21, 2008 1:00 PM

antony_paul2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Max ,

Sorry I am indeed using RSTXPDFT4 to download from spool & when I view the Spool no in SP01 its showing pages as 1 even though it has 4 copies with different page heading ie 1.Original 2. Duplicate 3.Tiplicate and so on ...

Spool no. Status Pages

6529 Compl. 1

When You ment create a Z program by copying RSTXPDFT4

to print multiple copies how will I get the copies with all the necessary page heading ....

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm sorry but probably I didn't understand your request very well.

U should consider it can convert a single spool in a single pdf file:

in the file u should see exactly all pages u see in the spool.

So u've a create only one spool containing several copies of the same document: original, duplicate, triplicate....

In this case u can only obtain only one pdf file including all pages of the spools, so u should obtain a file including the original, duplicate.....

U can split the same spool in several files, if u need to do it u need to create a different spool for every copy u have to print, so u need to generate a copy for the original, antoher one for duplicate, another one for triplicate and so...

and then convert all spools in different pdf files.

Max

antony_paul2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Max,

My requirement is not to generate 4 different pdf files i.e for 1.Orginal 2.Duplicate 3.Triplicate 4. Extra Copy

Instead I need 1 PDF file with 4 Pages ..with

1.Orginal 2.Duplicate 3.Triplicate 4. Extra Copy

But right now when i generate PDF from Spool containing

1 page with 4 Copies

I am getting 1 PDF file with one page for 1.Orginal Copy

i.e 2.Duplicate 3.Triplicate 4. Extra Copy are missing

Regards,

Antony

Edited by: Antony Paul on Aug 21, 2008 2:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If u need a file with 4 pages, u have to have a spool with 4 pages.

So u have to generate a spool with 4 pages: one for original, one for duplicate .....

Max

Answers (0)