SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alv

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guru,

i m creating report for alv display and alv display output apend data and change data and save in database . but i have two field date and time . i want after change data during saving in database change time and date. but old value delete..what i do plz say

thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member229976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

I am not sure what you are asking and if this realy belongs to the IS-U Forum - but anyway, I think there are two options:

1.) You want to change an existing data set - in this case just initialize the date and time within the structure you want to update the table with (can be done by a clear in a look).

2.) You want to ADD a new entry to the database but ONLY update the date and time of the old record - in this case you could append your structure to a table BEFORE you update all other fields BUT after you updated date and time and modify the rest afterwards. After this you perform two update to the table - one with appending the new data and the second one to change existing entries.

3.) have a look at ABAP, e.g.:

update EDEXTASK set DEXREFDATEFROM = ls_task-DEXREFDATEFROM .

and use the F1 function for details.

KR

Uwe

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

former_member229976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

I am not sure what you are asking and if this realy belongs to the IS-U Forum - but anyway, I think there are two options:

1.) You want to change an existing data set - in this case just initialize the date and time within the structure you want to update the table with (can be done by a clear in a look).

2.) You want to ADD a new entry to the database but ONLY update the date and time of the old record - in this case you could append your structure to a table BEFORE you update all other fields BUT after you updated date and time and modify the rest afterwards. After this you perform two update to the table - one with appending the new data and the second one to change existing entries.

3.) have a look at ABAP, e.g.:

update EDEXTASK set DEXREFDATEFROM = ls_task-DEXREFDATEFROM .

and use the F1 function for details.

KR

Uwe