cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staffing BP in cProjects that belong to same OU as the Project OU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello EveryOne,

We are implementing cProjects. When we create projects we put in the Responsible Organisation Unit which we assume the project belongs to.

We have also created the Business Partners from employees. Now the situation is that while doing staffing I only want resource manager to staff employees which belong to same organization unit to which the project belongs.

It will be really great of you people who are working on this product to let me understand how this can be implemented.

Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

you can restrict the resource search to particular organizational units. The system then selects only the business partners assigned to the selected organizational unit or a lower-level organizational unit.

Resources >> Find Resource >> Organizational Structure tab page of the Projects initial view.

Specifying an organizational unit as a search criterion:

1. Expand the organizational structure and click on the required organizational unit.

2. Choose >> (Add Selected Organizational Unit as Search Criterion). The organizational unit is then transferred to the screen area on the right.

3. Save your data.

Prerequisites:

You use Organizational Management in mySAP Human Resources (HR).

You have distributed the HR master data.

For more information, see the SAP Customizing Implementation Guide: Collaboration Projects >> Resource Management >> Basic Settings for Resource Management >> Application Link Enabling (ALE) for HR Integration and the SAP Notes 312090 and 390380.

Hope this will help.

Best regards,

Angelika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angelika,

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried this before putting this message. This was there in the cProjects Implementation Guide. But my search does not yield results. I do not know what Distributed the HR Master data means.

I have simply created the business partners using the upload utility which I wrote in ABAP. In that upload the employee number was also mentioned. After the upload I am able to see the Business Partner in the BP screen.

I am struggling to find a way by which I can use the Orgunit mentioned in the project to filter out the business partner that do not belong to this Orgunit. If there is some BADI you can suggest. I found one here in SDN DPR_RES_SEARCH but that does not help as there is no input parameter in this BADI which supplies me with either Project GUID or ROLE GUID which I can use to find out what is the Orgunit in the project.

Regards, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

Please help.

Regards, Sandeep

0 Kudos

You have to set up a connection (SM59) between HCM system en cProjects system.

After that use transaction PFAL in HCM system to transfer Organisation Unit and Persons to destination (cProjects)

Use BD87 for idoc transfer from HCM to cProjects

Use BD87 for idoc receive in cProjects

HCM person will be BP in cProjects.

(messagetype= HRMD_ABA)