cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bring tablespaces from backup mode to Non active mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i had triggered backup, but it got struck at end.

so i kill the backup process.

but tablespoaces were still inbackup mode.

so i ranthe command

alter database end backup;

but it ended with ORA-01260

so brought all tablespaces to non active mode one by one.

which was very time consuming.

is there any other way to bring all tablespaces to non active mode .. ??

which process shall i kill to stop backup and is there any sequence to kill them?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky

orasid> oerr ora 1260                                                               
01260, 00000, "warning: END BACKUP succeeded but some files found not to be in backup mode"
// *Cause: END BACKUP completed successfully for all files that were in online
//         backup mode.

The alter database end backup command generally works (on 10g), it thows an ORA-01260 if some datafiles were not in backup mode, which is not a problem in most cases. Alternatively you can "generate" the SQL statements dynamically:

SQL> select 'alter tablespace ' || tablespace_name || ' end backup;' from dba_tablespaces;

This is done in seconds.

To kill your backup: this depends, if you are doing backups with 3rd party software like veritas, then you can try to kill the veritas processes (bpbackup), if not then you might just kill the tar process. BRBackup will then get the error and cleanup (end backup, delete the lockfile). Try to only use kill without kill -9 on brbackup, this might work as well.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

This query is really helpful..

One more thing ..

is it fine to kill backint.exe process.

because this time i did and after that my SAP server was not able to connect to netbackup server.

so i tried everything even uninstall and install of netbakup client.but nothing worked

Then i found that backint.exe was missing from kernel file, so copied if from other server and then start it .... it worked..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with Oracle 10g, you can od this with one single command:

alter database end backup;

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos