cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE71 - keeping track of print documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have created a zform and also a zreport to print it. The zreport is reading data from RESB table for reservation MB21.

Now when i execute the zreport i have a selection screen for i/p Mat No, Doc No, Date.

The print out is also ok but i want to keep track of the printout's.

When the report is executed for the second time and user enters the same data for i/p the copy printed should have 'Duplicate' entry on the prinout.

Do i have to maintain the ztable with the 3 fields Mat No. Doc No , Date and a field flag which will be having the entries for the documents being printed........but i am not able to understand how to proceed ?

Please help me.......

Regards,

Archana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Done it in the smartforms.

SAP-script is not used.

Thanx & Regards,

Archana W

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess, Since you are not configuring your form it is little tough to keep track. Try to create a custom table and maintain the values in custom table, make sure before printing validate the selection screen parameters with your custom table if not existing try to create a spool & make sure you populate the selection screen values to custom table .

Rgds,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you are correct that i'm not keeping track of the form...

but after creating a custom table how can update it depending on the succesfull printing of the doc........

because i want the duplicate copy entry only when the document is printed successfully for the 1st time..

what is the parameter to check if it is printed successfully or not?

Regards,

Archana

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In NAST table

VSTAT field gives wether it is printed or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The record is saved only if the output type is maintained in Tcode NACE.

So NAST will work for me.

Regards,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To check how many times a document has been issued to printer you have to retrieve NAST table entries for the document number and then use a counter in the program which needs to be passed to the smartforms interface.

In smartforms based on the value of the counter display ORIGINAL or COPY .

'0' for ORIGINAL .

if not '0' then COPY or DUPLICATE

Regards,

Ram