cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing User Status of a WBS element at SAVE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we would like to automatically change User Status of a WBS element at SAVE (in tcode CJ20N).

The User Status should be calculated from data of the WBS element itself.

Is there any BADI / User Exit having WBS element's data in importing parameters and User Status in exporting parameters ?

For the moment, the technical solution chosen is a Mass calculation for all WBS elements at night.

Thank's for responding !!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try BAPI_BUS2054_SET_STATUS ??

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can use BAdi -

WORKBREAKDOWN_UPDATE and write an implementation.

In that implementation put the logic to calculate the data of the project and if it meets criteria set the status of the wbse by passing WBSE as input to the BAPI_BUS2054_SET_STATUS and mentioning which user status needs to be set.

Here note that use can set status of only one WBSE at a time. Status will not be inherited by lower level WBSE, you have to individually do that for each WBSE.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers,

using BAPI_BUS2054_SET_STATUS in WORKBREAKDOWN_UPDATE was a good idea, but caused a dump, essentially due to an automatic pre-commit in this BAPI.

We finally chose a more direct way to add our desired User Status :

We used 'CNIF_STATUS_2054_SET_USER' in BEFORE_UPDATE method of WORKBREAKDOWN_UPDATE Badi.

As we only wanted to Add a specific User status.

Hope this will help !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Romain,

I am very interested in solution you gave in this forum. I would like to automate the process of setting statuses for wbs'es. Could you give more details about your soultion (some parts of impelementation of function before_update)....

Thanks in advance - I really appreciate any help!

Konrad