cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Card Vs Procurement Card

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I know that 'Procurement card' can be given as a payment method in External requirement / Purchase order in SRM. The same can be cnfigured under SPRO-->Supplier Relationship Management --> SRM server --> Procurement Card.

However, I am not clear the 'Payment card' functionality under SPRO-->Cross Application components --> Payment Cards.

Is both are same? If so why both are referring to two diffent configuration settings.

If not, what is the functionality of Payment Card and where we can use in SRM transactions.

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While agreeing with the responses I add my inputs to you so that it may be useful.

a. Payment card main table is PCA_MASTER

b. Procurement card main table BBP_PCMAS

So for SRM view point we should refer PCard ( procurement card) only, where as payment card is generic one.

Thanks

PHan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following is one of the reply I have received Off-line:

Initial version of SRM (used to be BBP before it renamed ) was developed on the CRM architecture. Later, SAP separated architecture with SRM_SERVER. However, there are still some tables and configurations which are related to CRM.

Procurement card is functionality which is used by SRM while Payment Card is for CRM.

Payment cards (credit card, debit card, gift card etc) are method used by customer to pay while shopping thru CRM .

It can be used alongwith billing gateway in Indian context to pay tender fees by supplier during bidding process. Not sure, if government agencies accept tender fees or deposits via credit cards.

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Procurement card is a type of Payment card.

Check this out please :

Card used for cash-free payment in a variety of business transactions, from buying goods at a local store or over the Internet, to procuring goods and services on behalf of a company.

The main payment card categories involved in payment card processing in the SAP environment are:

Credit cards

Used for purchasing goods and services with regular billing, usually with extended credit.

Customer cards

Used by customers to buy goods and services from a specific merchant or group of merchants.

Debit cards

Used as a means of cashless payment. The cardholder's bank account is debited instantly.

Procurement cards

Issued on behalf of companies to employees for purchasing items up to a given amount.

Walking cards

Issued on behalf of companies to employees for purchasing a wide range of goods and services for company travel.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/93/745309546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

The payment card functions in Sales and Distribution (SD) allow for sales involving these categories of cards, with the exception of walking cards, which are supported by Human Resources (HR), and debit cards, which are supported by Retail (SAP Retail) using point of sale (POS).

Best regards,

Sridhar