cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The default keystore view [TicketKeystore] does not exist" ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having a problem with a newly-installed NW AS Java Sp16 + Portal here. Right after the installation, I tried to log on to the portal - at that point I was asked to change my password, which I did.

Unfortunately, it still isnt possible to log on. There is no error message displayed in the UI, the login mask simply resets after I type my credentials and click "Log In".

When I checked the logs, I found this in /server0/system/server.log:

08/21/2008 , 9:27:53:458 , The default keystore view [TicketKeystore] does not exist. Authentication stack: [ticket]. The possible reasons for that problem are: keystore does not exist or the user has no permission to read from the keystore view. You can delete the TicketKeystore and restart the engine so that the engine automatically re-creates it. , Error , /System/Security/Authentication , com.sap.engine.services.security.authentication.loginmodule.ticket , sap.com/irj , Guest

When I open the Key Storage service in the VisualAdmin, I first get an error box:

ViewsListPanel.refresh() java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0

and the "Views" list is indeed empty.

Am I really supposed to create the default [TicketKeystore] manually?

Since it seems that this is usually done by the engine...

Or am I missing something entirely different here?

Regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue was solved.

The problem was that the <Administrators> Group on that machine lacked the two roles

- KeystoreAdministrator

- KeystoreViewsCreator

Once they were added and the engine restarted, the KeyStore was created successfully and we could proceed normally.

-Christian

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I have exactly the same problem, but I have no clue where to set these roles. Could you please give a short hint?

Thanks, Marcus