cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I am about to install Swedish Baseline 2.6 and that is on top of a SAP ECC 6.0 installation.

Question I have is exactly where do I found ECC 6.0 installation? My guess is that it is a part of Netweaver 7.0 but when downloading "Installation Master" and looking at the different selections I can not see an option for ECC 6.0.

I want to make sure after installing I have an ECC 6.0 :-). Any input I appreciate of course, any links to where to find the right media to download?

Plattform we are using is Windows 64 bit and Max DB is the one we are going for.

Thanks in advance... //PElle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

if you go here:

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000671158&;

you can read at the top of the page that "SAP ERP 6.0 is new name of the application formerly known as mySAP ERP 2005."

So you can say that you will have ECC 6.

have a very nice day,

Ivan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you. I am a bit ahead and still I am very puzzled, I did as you said found out that ECC 6.0 is a part of ERP 6.0 that is available to download. Also I found that you need ERP 6.0 as well as Netweaver 7.0 in order to have a complete installtation kit.

Only problem is that I do not find any "Master Installation" that gives me opportunity to install a Central and DB instance, either in NW 7.0 or in ERP 6.0.

If I look at downloads under SAP Marketplace and My Companys application --> "SAP ERP", I go for "SAP ERP 6.0" and my guess was that all media I needed was partily here and under "SAP NETWEAVER 7.0" (?).

Have anyone experience from installed ECC 6.0 (?). What is the proper progress?

1. Start Master Installation

2. Checkbox ERP 6.0 and Netweaver 7.0 ??

Or is there a installation of NW 7.0 first and ERP 6.0 as an addon ?

I can not get a grip of where to start, any points in forward direction is appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Per,

I have always thought Netweaver as an encompassing term referring to the application platform that SAP provides company-wise. And I have always thought it as SAP WebAS + some technologies necessary for the integration of the various component that make up business scenarios. The installation of SAP Netweaver seems to me implicit during the component installetions. So, I think that if you don't have to decide upon which scenario to implement, the architecture of the system and things like that, you can start from the SAP ERP installation guide. There you should find the Hw and Sw requirements.

Here:

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/erp-inst

you can select SAP ERP 6 and, in the Installation page follow the link to the "SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 - Installation Documentation ", once there choose your o.s.+db combination.

Hope this helps,

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again Ivan

Many thanks for all yor input. I did find the erp-inst guides and trying to figure it out. I will start tomorrow and hopefully get through.

The scenario is already descided and I forgot to mention that. Scenario is:

Installation of "Best practices Swedish Basline 2.6", on top of that we are installing fabricated metals as well.

Above requires ECC 6.0 installation (wich I have had trouble today figuring out how that installation works).

So that is the scenario I have ahead of me. Still I do not get what "Installation Master" I am suppose to use but hopefully it will get clearer after a good night sleep :-).

Many thanks for your time .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have u got the solution ,please let me know as iam facing the same problem .

Regards

Azeem