Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Sales organization

former_member1318783
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

I had a doubt in defining new sales organization.

Presently there are 4 sales organizations under one company code code. Now i have created new sales org by copying one of the existing .By this, every sales order doc types of the existing sales org. are copied to the new one, which i don't want.

Is that better to create new sales org individually or to copy from the existing.

Regards,

cherukuri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cherukuri

By copying one sales organization to another will certainly reduce your work load but at the sametime, it will affect the system performance at transaction level subsequently.

So it is better to copy the standard each and every time and make copy controls accordingly due to the fact that this is going to be a one time job whereas transactions are day to day activities which should not suffer.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you define a sales organisation by copying the existing one, all the assignments from the refered sales organisations will also get copied to the new sales organisation. But this is a convenient way of doing, this can minimise the errors. You just need to remove the unwanted assignments.

If you create a sales organisation as a New Entry, you need to maintain all the related assignments carefully.

Prase

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

sales organizations can be newly created without being copied

You will not face absolutely any problem

and make all assignments and configurations

Even copy also can be done and modify according to your needs

Only Company code and Plant it is adviced to be copied so that all necessary tables also gets copied

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, no need to store any new document types because you have a reference field were the old sales organsiation will be there.

so what ever assignments are applicable to the old sales organisation , the new one are also applicable for the same.

If you want new once you can change as per the requirement.

thanks

Kuntla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could copy existing then do needful changes based on requirements.

Thanks.