cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production order with reference to sale order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The scenario im working on is qty contract. we create a qty contract and then create release orders as and when we get the requirement from the customer. Its a make to order scenario. So once the release order is created with ref to the qty contract, we do an mrp run using md02/md50. Then we create a prod order in Co07/Co08, the prod order is taking the qty contarct as ref instead of the release order(std sale order). When i give the sale order number in co07, the system is throwing an error "Account assignment cannot be carried out because of different origin number".

The details of the error is as follows:

Diagnosis

"The sales doc (release order) to which you want to refer is based on sales doc xxxxx (qty contract). Thesefore the settlemet and possible the inventory management are carried out using the number of the preceding document

procedure

Enter the doc and item number of the preceding doc(qty contarct).

But i want the productio order to be created with ref to the sale order(release order) only.

Please help me with a suitable solution. Also let me know where the assignment is made.

Thanks

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

The problem is due to requirements being passed form the contract and not the sale order. Check the requirements type (procurement tab) triggered in your sales contract. If the requirements class associated with this requirements type has make to order settings then it will create a problem. Better to trigger a requirments type from SD moduel instead of material master during contract creation. To do this go to OVZI, for the combination of item category (standard is KMN) and relevant MRP type maintain blank in requirement type field and 1 in origin field. After these settings are completed run the cycle and check out.

In simple terms, requirements to production should be passed from sale order and not any preceding document like quotation, contract etc.

Regards,

GSL.

0 Kudos
GSL,

It works for the same situation I met.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This assignment is made in VBAP - VBELV field. The release order stores the contract as the reference in this field which in turn taken to the Production Order.

Thanks

Krishna.