cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New in XI - connecting ERP to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am new in XI. When i create S.O in my erp system,an order confirmation idoc is genrated in my system, I wan to send this idoc to XI and generate XML file for that.

I am using XI 7.0 and upto now i had created Logycial system for XI in my ERP and same in XI , i had created rfc connection between XI and ERP , and also created partner profile in ERP and distributed to XI.

but I am not sure what to do after this.

Need your suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just go thtu this blog,

it gives the step by step procedure for IDOC file scenario, with ALE configurations:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dcaa0-a92b-2a10-3a96-b3d942bd...

it is very good blog for beginers.

Thanks,

Madhav

Note: Points if useful

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow below steps

1. Define Logical system and RFC destination in R3 system.

2. Define Port and Partner Profile (configure outbound for SO) in R3 system

In partner profile outbound window configure SO corresponding message type and doc type

3. Specify partner profile name in SO creation window.

Once create sales order automatically based on partner profile IDOC will trigger to XI system

4. In XI configure IDX1 and IDX2 ports.

5. Import IDOC from R3 to XI system in Integration builder

Configure your scenario according to your requirement in XI. Once you created SO corresponding IDOC will trigger to XI automatically.

In XI through IDX5 we can see your IDOC

I hope now clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nallam,

can u please explain step 4 and 5 in little detail? I had done with first 2 steps,and i am able to generate idoc when i save sales order,n as a destination i had given address of XI for that idoc,its also goin, but on xi how can i check? and once if its coming there what other steps i need to take?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Maintain the Sender R/3 System

u2022 Create a RFC Destination to XI using the Tcode SM59

u2022 Create a TRFC Port and specify RFC Destination created above using the TCode WE21

u2022 Create the partner profile for Inbound and Outbound Parameters using WE20

Maintain the Receiver XI System

u2022 Create the RFC Destination for sender system using SM59

u2022 Create the port to get IDOC Metadata from Sender System using the Tcode IDX1. Here the Port name we are given and port name in the IDOC header will be identical.

u2022 Maintain the IDOC Metadata using the Tcode IDX2.

regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

welcome to XI,

Refer below step by steps in teh given link

Follow the steps

How To Configure IDoc Adapters

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d19fe210-0d01-0010-4094-a6f...

file to IDOC and IDOC to file

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/error%2bhandling%2bin%2bfile-idoc%2bscenario

Refer below links for indepth troubleshooting

Refer below steps

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi brijesh,

Now import the IDOC structure in the XI and create DataType structure and message Type of the Receiver system

create message interface and Message Mapping, interface mapping.

Note: if it solves your problem, please don't forget to give points.

Regards

shiva shanker.