cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Custom Sync BO

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have a requirement in which i need to create a custom Sync BO.

I need steps where in I can follow and do the same.

I also need what are the custom classes required, also where in the the configuration files do I need to make changes. Also where I need to register or define my custom Sync BO?

Requirement: The client wants a new JSP with some input fields, like drop down etc, The user can fill the page and save it locally. On doing Sync the data should flow to ECC.

Quick Response is appreciated.

Regards,

Pranay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pranay,

Check below thread and the blog mentioned in it.

Chintan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got the solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

Please clarify whether you are using any standard SAP xApp? e.g. MAM, MDSD etc. Or you are building an entirely custom built solution?

Thanks in Advance,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am using standard SAP solution xMAU.Its verion is 2.5 with SP level 21.

But I need to customize it according the requirement which have mentioned earlier.

Regards,

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

You can go this way:

1. Create / Generate SyncBO.

2. Add the SyncBO in existing MCD.

3. Generate new merepmeta.xml file. Include this file in your application already imported in NWDS.

4. You will need to change files: syncbonamelist.properties located in <MAM_APP>/java/com/sap/mbs/mam/bo/impl, mapping.xml located in <MAM_APP>/app-root.

5. You will also need to extend the file core.config. You will find documentation to extend core.config file in Enhancement guide.

6. After this, you will be writting the classes for this SyncBO manually. The classes would be manager class, header class, item classes.

7. You also may change start.jsp, start_full.jsp to view the data locally.

8. Export this war file and deploy.

Hope this helps.

Thanks in advance,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I had followed the steps mentioend by you. But I am getting the follwoing error.

The cause is that it is not identifying the key name gievn in syncbonamelist.properties.

Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name com.sap.mbs.mam.bo.impl.syncbonamelist, locale ZTMA_001
java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:836)
	at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:805)
	at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:549)
	at com.tma.mbs.mau.bo.impl.ZTMA001ManagerImpl.(ZTMA001ManagerImpl.java:48)
	... 31 more

Please revert how to correct this error.

Regards,

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, if you are using MDK - create a new SmartSync project, take the MEREPMETA.XML file and then the classes necessary will be created. As long as you have the same naming structure, you can simply copy the files form the BO and the BOIMPL folder into your actual project. This is the fastest way and will work in most cases.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I tried doing this way but I am not able to get the BO classes,

1. I downloaded my MetaRep.xml file

2. Created a new SmartSync Project and included the above file.

But I am not able to get the corresponding BO classes.

I am using NWDS 7.0.09

Is there any compatibility with the NWDS version? If so let me know the correct one.

I am using xMAU application version 2.5 sp level 21.

Regards,

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

I don't think this way will help you as you will loose the existing classes in the standard war file of xMAU if you try to create a new smart sync project with existing xMAU merepMeta file. You will need to follow the same way as I have mentioned. I have done the same thing and it worked perfectly. The only problem right now is I am not having NWDS at my place and I cannot cross check it. :(. You will need to debug the error using NWDS. That is the only way out.

Thanks in advance,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, if you do that you should get the complete classes. Do not worry about the original classes, these you will still keep, cause you only copy the java files for the new objects and the settings files. Well, have a look into the MDK plugins folder in Eclipse - is the BOGENERATOR.JAR file included in that folder?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

BOGenerator is not included in the MDK plug in. Do let me know how we can do that, or from where i can get the file,

Also let me know how to use the BOGenerator .

Regards,

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in that case I would say:

please take my address from the SDN-card and send me the merep file, I wil generate the file for you.

That will be the fastest way

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I have mailed you the merep file.

But for my knowledge if you can also let me know how we can do this?

Regards,

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to be honest,

I only create a new SmartSync Project and all files are generated with the MDK plugin. There is no need fo rme to do anything special.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

So if you can send me the BOGenerator jar file probably i will try including that in my MDK and check whteher i am able to craete the BO Classes or not. .

Regards,

Pranay