cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proforma Invoice already exists

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

When i am creating a second Proforma Invoice (F8) based on delivery document system showing ' document already created for the document no'. System not allowing to create a second proforma invoice

Can you please advise

Thanks & regards

Deepu Pillai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check your configuration for proforma invoice type you are using. Whats the document category. Also Check the billing relevance of the item category you are maintaining. It should be blank. Only then the status will not be updated otherwise it will not allow you to create any more proforma invoices. Technically you should be able to create as many as you can for proforma invoice. Thats a basic functional requirement.

regards

Jude

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

a

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Deepu

You can create en number of proformas against one delivery and standard will allow this.

If you are not able to achieve this, then I feel, some user exit is applied. Check with your ABAPer by debugging the error message.

Incidentally, why you want to create many proformas. As you would be aware, each and every time you create proforma, the reference number will vary and you should be careful, if the document will be handed over to some third party like transporter etc., The reference number of all Outgoing documents should be uniform. If it is just for internal purpose, then no problem.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your support. I like to discuss my business process with you

My business scenario

Exports from EOU

SO- 30

Del- 10, 10, 10 each

Proforma for each delivery

Based on proforma -Excise Invoice for delivered qty

The above process are happend in factory itself

At port the following process business follows

When the material reaches in port, business issues customs invoice by clubbing all deliveries & creates another Proforma & based on this proforma business creates Customs Invoice & other documents set related to Exports in SAP itself & the base document is the combined proforma. But most of the cases part shipment happens say 25 shipped. In this case business cannot issue customs invoice based on the material shipped since the base document is Proforma.

The reversal of goods is one option but the number of transactions is huge & the business not interested to reverse the goods issue each time & then Proforma.Also material not come back physically from port to plant when doing so. T

Does any other way this can handle?

Consignment at port is one solution which i feel but again it will change their process which they are not interested.

Please advise

Thanks & regards

Deepu Pillai

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Deepu

From your above comments, it has been observed that you are creating proformas against each delivery which is only a standard process.

Moreover, I am not still clear about your process. If it is going to direct exports, then you can very well achieve the requirement. That is while moving the goods from factory to Customs, you can create a proforma against each delivery for filing shipping bill with Customs. The same can be issued to transporter also along with ARE-1 document. Once the customs formalities are over, the clearing agent who is acting as an agent on behalf of the exporter will complete all documentation formalities and get the Bill of Lading. Once you get the Bill of Lading, you can generate commercial invoice against the same delivery and negotiate the documents with bank.

But you have stated that partial shipment happens which I cant understand the logic. In exports, whatever the quantity is palletised in a manufacturing unit, the same should be despatched to exporter after Customs sealing if it is LCL (Less Container Load) shipment. This means, if you despatch 10 nos. from manufacturing plant against one excise invoice, that 10 nos. should be exported as it is.

During open examination by Customs authorities, if they asked the clearing agent to unpack the pallet for verification of the material declared in documents, the same has to be once again packed as it is which is the duty of the clearing agent.

So if this explanation still not clarifies your doubt, then I need little bit more clear export process from your side.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks lakshmi

Yes, what you said is exactly right

As i said the number of transactions are so huge per day & the material type is a block manufactured from ore. The business shipped all materials to port against SO. At port part shipment happens normally

The material that are not shipped kept in a bonded location & the same will be shipped in the next vessel.

This is the process

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Deepu

Then in that case, try with the following:-

Go to VOV7, select your item category. In this maintain K for the field [Billing Relevance]

Now go to VF01, give the delivery number and do not press Enter. Instead click on [Selection list] on the next screen, select the items you want to bill and click copy and continue if necessary

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

But here the process is del & pgi then proforma for items delivered & EI.

Part shipment takes place at the port. So that is the actual issue. Anyway i am also aware there is no such standard process exists.

I wil try your soln.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls make sure there shud b two delivery doc for creating two proforma invoice..

reg

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

First i have created one proforma against the del doc number, again i m trying to create the proforma for the same doc number system not allowing..

Former Member
0 Kudos

The first question is why do you need to create 2 proformas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The business wants multiple proformas...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The logical way would be to print the proforma invoice multiple times, rather than creating the same document over and over in SAP.

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your message. I thot i can take multiple proformas.

But here the business creates S0-Multiple Outbound deliveries- for each delivery they creare F8, then after completion of all delivery they club all outbound deliveries into a single proforma. This they require for an additional development to work.

Can u advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

If they print one proforma per delivery, then it shouldn't be giving you an error message. But now you say that at the end of the process they combine all the proformas into one big proforma? or all the deliveries into one proforma?

If one, then perhaps try to make use of the invoice list funcitonality (have never used it with proformas but perhaps it will work).

Otherwise, just create a delivery group or a shipment and develop a new output (form) from one of these Tx, and call it "proforma".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clubing all deliveries into single proforma finally. Individually also creating proforma.

I am under the impression that we can create multiple proformas refering del document. But that is not supported by the system. But my actual reqmt is the one finally clubbing all deliveries into single proforma apart from individual.

Can u please explain the process which u have suggested?