cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove New Password Tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please tell me how to remove new password tab from SAP main log in screen?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Saket Bhandare

India

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is possible define the user as a service user in su01 in logon data tab.

A service user cannot change his password. For a service user , the system does not check for expired and initial passwords. Only the user administrator can change the password.

Multiple logon is allowed.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saket

We can definitely modify the logon screen.

Go to se80>repository browser>program-->SAPMSYST

and try to modify the gui status for 0020

right hand side you can edit the menubar,application tool bar and function keys.

It will work.

get the help of deveoper.

I did it once and at the moment i dont have any sandbox but I believe you should be able to omit the new password screen.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using mySAP ECC 6.0.

I am BASIS consultant, after changing user password some of the users are changing the user password through log in screen new password tab without authorization.

Kindly give some solution to remove or restrict the new password tab from SAP main Log in screen.

Regards,

Saket Bhandare

India

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Every dialog user has the authorization of changing his own password, It is a built in feature, I dont think you can restrict it,

Whats the point of restricting that changing password option.

Its his own uid he can change pwd for it.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saket,

It will not be advisable to remove the Change Password button for the users which can logon to the SAP R/3 Server with SAP GUI, also called DIALOG Users.

But, in case you need stricter security, you can define them as Service Users.

Please check this [Link (Logon Data Tab Page)|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/52/67119e439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm] for more information.

Regards,

Alka.