cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR server set up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I need to set up DR server for our PRD server.As I am new to this activity,want to get some information about it.

1-Hardware configuration should be exactly same or not mandotry.

2-During installation should we have to do something additional or just install the server with same SID and instance number.

3-Host name should be same or it can differ.

4-How to transfer archive files from PRD to DR and apply them automatically.Should i have to create any script for it.

Please suggest.

Deepak.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If your OS is unix falvour..

Then

The Prd is up and running and it is generating logs.

Your DR is in the mount exclusive state :

Make these two systems trust each other.

And have a script at the Prd which is simple copy of the these archive files to the DR system.

Make it run at the cron tab every 5 min...

Then in the inthe Dr insatnce have recovery script which again runs from Crontab every 5 min.

If iot finds logs it just applies those logs to the DR DB.

So no mannual intervension is required once this is set correctly like files are copied correctly and the permissions are correctly maintained etc.

And also I think there are other ways to do this ...As DB's are capable of copying the logs at mutiple locataions same time when it gets generated.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1-Hardware configuration should be exactly same or not mandotry.

A. Should be like as PRD system, OS, DB and SAP versions.

2-During installation should we have to do something additional or just install the server with same SID and instance number.

A. Yes...no need to change anything on this installation

3-Host name should be same or it can differ.

A. This is depending on your Network IP Addresses.

4-How to transfer archive files from PRD to DR and apply them automatically.Should i have to create any script for it.

A. Yes and you need to do make changes some parameters in inst<SID>.ora.

Regards,

Srini Nookala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Please confirm this doubts also:

For-

A. Yes and you need to do make changes some parameters in inst<SID>.ora.

I am not getting that after making changes in init<SID>.ora file how archive files will be automatically transfer to DR and applied on DR as I think there should be some programme on PRD that can transfer files from PRD to DR.

Deepak