cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing transports in different versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I want to confirm that is it possible to perform transports in different version systems.Our requirement is to create the request from ECC5 and then import it in our Netweaver 04s server.

So first I want to know is it possible and second thing as i know for it i have to only manually copy cofile and datafile in target system and then by STMS add to buffer and then import,Is there anything else also i have to do like changing file permission.I am using windows 2003 server.

Please suggest.

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes . your procedure is correct . proceed after going through the above mentioned notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

as u would be aware transport is done by r3 trans

different versions of R3trans are fully compatible with each other, because the data is transported in a standard format. Thus one can use different versions of R3trans for export and import.

Transports between different databases or operating systems are not a problem either.

When you transport between different SAP release levels, note that this usually does not present any technical problems due to the upward and downward compatibility of R3trans , but logical inconsistencies could occur in such transports

Further technical and logical problems for the various releases are outlined in notes 60928, 120151, 126776 and 330267.

hope this helps !

inspire by rewarding !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

Thanks for the information.

Please check the procedure that i mentioned to transport in this case and tell me if i am missing something.

For it i have to only manually copy cofile and datafile in target system and then by STMS add to buffer and then import,Is there anything else also i have to do like changing file permission.I am using windows 2003 server.

Deepak

Edited by: Deepak Mittal on Aug 21, 2008 8:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please suggest.............................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes only manually copy cofile and datafile in target system and then by STMS add to buffer/or import queue and then import.

also consider the suggestion from susin while transporting into different sap release.

regards,

kaushal