cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struts compatibility wit WAS 6.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It' ll be close to be 4 day I try to install struts 1.1 on a WAS 6.2.

My first question is : it's possible?

If yes, how to ?

Actually I have this kind of error :

javax.servlet.ServletException: ID17075: com.inqmy.services.servlets_jsp.server.jsp.ParseException: ID17091: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class not found org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag

at com.inqmy.services.servlets_jsp.server.jsp.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:238)

etc.

I have put the library in my war file in webRoot/WEB-IN/lib/ , i have also try to put it in additional-library folder. with update the files:

library.txt :

library struts struts/struts.jar;struts/commons-beanutils.jar;struts/commons-collections.jar;struts/commons-digester.jar;struts/commons-fileupload.jar;struts/commons-lang.jar;struts/commons-logging.jar;struts/commons-validator.jar

reference.txt:

reference myStutsApp library:struts

if I deploy on an alone server version i'll have this warning message :

Error can't load Servlet org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class not found org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet

it's not the same message if I put library inside the ear files.

If you need more informations, let me know

Thanks by advence for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Absolutely, you can use Struts on any SAP WAS 6.x. By right, placing jar files in WEB-INF/lib folder should work!

Let your web project refer those jar files by setting classpath (if you are using NWDS) and deploy, it should work.

Alternatively, you can create an J2EE library project and refer this in your web project using NW Developer Studio.

The killer solution would be (but not right!!) to copy all jar files to "<jdk install folder>\jre\lib\ext" and restart WAS. Ensure that you copied to right JDK folder (if you have multiple JDK folders)

HTH

--

Venkat

former_member184385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Philippe,

if I'm not mistaken, this thread

is talking about ISA development, with struts involved. You might have a look, how struts are used there.

Regards

Gregor