cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Bill and Hold' scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My client wants to implement 'bill and hold'. It wants to bill the customer, and remove inventory from the system, but not deliver the material right away (and therefore not create the delivery ticket immediately).

My initial proposal was to invoice based on the sales order, and transfer stock from the regular storage location to another 'customer storage location' so it isnt available. And then, do the delivery when the customer is ready for the material.

This didnt work for the client because it doesnt want to officially own the stock at all. Also, they are ok with posting goods (crediting inventory and debiting COGS) but dont want to create a delivery ticket until the actual delivery leaves for the customer.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a peculiar business request because normally the customer wants to control the inventory until such time it leaves the premises and is then GI - remember goods issue means transfer of ownership.

I will give oyu a possible solution just now. But first please remember to explain to your customer that in terms of risk management what they are asking for is dangerous, because if they goods issue (transfer ownership) but the stock remains in their premises, if anything happens to that stock they are liable for losses.

Keeping this in mind, the simpler solution is to GI, Invoice but change your output determination so that the actual delivery document does not print automatically but manually on request at the time of despatch.

Also, just let us know if they are not perhaps referring to procured stock, i.e. stock they buy (outsource) specifically for the customer. If this is the case, then there is a SAP standard process to address it.

Let us know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kookie, they are not refering to procured stock.

And I do agree that the requirement is a little odd. I am looking into your suggestion. It seems pretty good, I am trying to customize output so its not automatic for the 'bill to hold' scenarios.

Thanks, and if you come up with any other suggestions then please let me know.