cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Batch Import Manager Documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any documentation available on the batch import manager? Where can this be found?

Thx,

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KlausDavid
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

the guide for the Import Manager has a small section about the ImportManagerBatch (p. 242). It describes the syntax and has also a sample INI File attached.

I used Import Manager Batch to initialize my Material repository. Snippets, I attached are:

1) Sample call for the batch-file :

ImportManagerBatch /INI "ImBatch_SP3_Material.ini" /CLIENTSYSTEM "MDM" /MAP "01_Countries_R3" /LANGUAGE "English [US]"

2) Ini-File (ImBatch_SP3_Material.ini), I used:

[Source]

Type=XML

File name=C:\Material_CCData.xml

DSN=

DBMS Server=

Database=

User=

Password=

//possible values are: True or False

Read-only=

[Destination]

Repository=SP3_Material

Server=I802300C

Port=2035

User=admin

Password=

Agency=

Map=

Language=

[Batch Import Default Option]

//possible values are: Yes or No

Automap Batch Unmapped Value=Yes

//possible values are: Add or Ignore

Batch Unmapped Value Handling=Add

//possible values are: Yes or No

Always Use Batch Unmapped Value Handling=No

Hope, this helps for orientation.

Regards Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing to the documentation - it sure is limited. Same question for the Import Server process - I could not find documentation on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

The <a href="/people/markus.ganser/blog/2006/01/10/more-webinars-on-mdm-55-sp03-features Webinars on MDM 5.5 SP03 Features</a> weblog may help you.

Regards,

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am looking for the return code of MDM import manager of batch.exe using INI file and MAP name by Windows batch shell. When I checked the MDM batch log(xml) file, I found failed status in it. but Windows/DOS could not notify it with error status.

Do you know the user exit I/F to get status of the result as batch process? ( Windows-> MDM Import batch.exe (DOS) -> MDM. )

thanks in advance.

kn-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately the only place where all the messages with respect to ImportManager batch will be in the XML file, which you can find in the "Import Manager Batch" installation directory.

ImportManagerbatch.exe does not return any message at the command prompt, whether it is success or failure. Always look in the impormanagerbatch xml log file for the import status.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I tried conditional batch imports in my project- tried the DOS error level commands to make the batch exit and send a message. I have not been successful!

However, if you make sure that every maps works, and the import executes in advance, by manually executing using import manager, then the batch is an excellent tool. I designed MDM (PRD) to MDM (QA) repository data distribution for select tables using SYN batch and IMB batch in a single batch file, and it works a miracle.

Thanks

Savi