cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approve step in workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Can someone explain how the Approve step is used in case a record is not approved ?

example.

Start->Process->Approve -> syndicate

-> reject-> send notification.

-Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Have a look at the below link on how dissapproved records can be handled in MDM with Notification i am Sure it will be very helpful

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90efe90c-b03f-2b10-65bf-e572fef6...

If this address your issue kindly mark the thread as answered.

Hope it helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pinto, I had actually built something similar to the one in the link.

One more question : if we have LDAP turned on - how do we setup the notify step to send out email to email group id's or specific email id's ... 'cause my understanding i s- you can setup email id's only to users and not roles.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinay,

If you are facing the problem with notify step then you can refer the Blog as mentioned below:

Hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Apart from blog mentioned by saurabh u can go through the video

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90efe90c-b03f-2b10-65bf-e572fef6...

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saurabh & Nisha,

My question was more related to sending email notifications when connected via LDAP .

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

If you need any further help regarding the issue then please let us know else update your thread status.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Just to add you can mark to rec as approved or disapproved by rt clicking on the rec in the records pane not the workflow task pane.

Also you will have to split the records some marked as approved and some as disapproved by rt clikng in the similar manner on the rec->split records

This will divide the approver set of rec in two aprts Approved rec in onejob and disapproved rec in another job.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simona & Jitesh, Points awarded generously !!

The requirement was also to send a notification to the requester incase if the record was not approved. From the posts I read ... I don't think thats possible. ..right ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Sending a Notification for disapproved records can be done with a little modification and changes in the workflow used unlike the direct method .

you can folow the explanation given in the below threads to achieve this specific req:

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

In addition to above post there is also a functionality available in which we can send an email in Approver rejects the record more than once.

E.g.

Start -> Process -> Approve -> Notify -> Stop

Now say Approver assigned to Approve step has rejected the records, records will then move to previous step and after changing say user of process step has modified the records and have sent for approval now if approver rejects again then a notification will be sent to the users mentioned in the CC Notification under Iteration Threshold. Also set the Iteration Threshold should be set to 1.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Consider the example given below:

Start -> Process -> Approve -> Notify -> Stop

When the Approve step is active, Approver assigned to the step can approve or reject the records. For this Approver has to select the records right click on it navigate to workflows and select Mark as Approved if he wants to approve the record else he will select Mark as Disapproved to reject the record. Rejected records will moved back to previous step i.e. Process step in the above example. Again the user of Process step will modify the record and sends for approval. Once approved an email notification will be send to the users of the Notify step and workflow status will be marked as completed.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

The MDM workflow step is used for providing an Approval on the already craeted/Enriched records in MDM.The approver in MDM is allowed to approve or disapprove the records.

The disapproved records go back to the previous step and teh process step team ahs to correct teh records and send it again for approval.

The workflow steps will be as follows

Start->Process->Approve->Notify ->Stop

The notify step can be used ater nay atep if you want to users of the workflow to be notified of the staus of the completed task and the stataus of teh task to be completed.

You can folow some of these helpful links on how to use MDM wf effectively

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60f28084-b90e-2b10-3eb6-d6565367...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/001d22fb-622d-2b10-22ac-998acecf...

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto