Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when adding LDAP group to user

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am receiving this error in our system when trying to add a LDAP group to a user: :"An error occurred while adding group assignments; to see the correct status, perform a new assigned groups search." I have done the testing to the LDAP in the configuration and everything came back successful.

I am able to add other groups to the user just not ones from the LDAP.

Also, I did apply the not_readonly.xml file in the configurations; this should allow me to do this shouldn't it? Think I missed something. Thanks,

Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Seems like you are trying to add user to a LDAP group in UME.

There are certain limitation when you connect LDAP.

If user management is set up with write access to an LDAP directory, the following restriction applies: When assigning members to a group that is stored in the LDAP directory, you can only assign users or groups that are also stored in the LDAP directory. You cannot assign users or groups from the database to groups from the LDAP directory.

You can, however, assign users and groups stored in the LDAP directory to a group in the database.

Just check out which one applies to your case

Refer http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/48/d1d13f7fb44c21e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Zaheer

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Seems like you are trying to add user to a LDAP group in UME.

There are certain limitation when you connect LDAP.

If user management is set up with write access to an LDAP directory, the following restriction applies: When assigning members to a group that is stored in the LDAP directory, you can only assign users or groups that are also stored in the LDAP directory. You cannot assign users or groups from the database to groups from the LDAP directory.

You can, however, assign users and groups stored in the LDAP directory to a group in the database.

Just check out which one applies to your case

Refer http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/48/d1d13f7fb44c21e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Were you able to solve this issue ? I am getting the same error when i try to update the group assignnments for one particular user. It does not give any error when i update the rest of the users.