Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values are resetting in Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I am developing a role and when ever I am adding a new tcode from the Menu tab, all my previously added authorizations (even though the authorizations are not related to the tcode) are resetting? can you please tell me how can I overcome this issue.

Thanks,

KK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After adding the tcodes make sure you are not using Expert mode for the authorizations tab.If you use expert mode and the objects and their values are maintained in su24 then there is every possibility that these values will be pulled into pfcg whenevr you make the changes through expert mode.

Rakesh

Edited by: Rakesh Kulkarni on Aug 20, 2008 10:02 PM

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After adding the tcodes make sure you are not using Expert mode for the authorizations tab.If you use expert mode and the objects and their values are maintained in su24 then there is every possibility that these values will be pulled into pfcg whenevr you make the changes through expert mode.

Rakesh

Edited by: Rakesh Kulkarni on Aug 20, 2008 10:02 PM

0 Kudos

Thanks Rakesh, but I'm not using Export mode for the authorizations tab, I'm using change Authorizations data ICON.

0 Kudos

Hi,

What tcodes are you adding.?

Is this an issue for a particular role or for all the roles in system which are modified.

Rakesh

0 Kudos

These are the custom tcode and this is happening only for a particular role. I guess along with the old Authorization activites, system also adding some new authorization activites based on the tcode for these roles which make sense to me now.

For example.

For S_RS_IOMAD, before adding the custom tcode I had activities has 03,06 and 23...after adding the tcode I am seeing another entry of S_RS_IMOAD with activity 03 only along with 03,06 and 23.

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

For the Previously added tcode object I guess S_RS_IOMAD was added manually and after adding the custom tcode the object is pulled from su24 with the default value assigned.

It all depends on how well you maintain su24

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Thanks Rakesh for your help....I figured it out now!