cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOWTO: Process IDocs To non-SAP receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

Today our SAP R/3 sent the IDoc LOIPRO to non-SAP external system, called O2P.

Now, we would like to send this IDoc (LOIPRO) to XI, and the XI sends the IDoc to the non-SAP external system.

Then, our scenario will be:

Step 1. The IDoc LOIPRO is sent from SAP R/3 to XI

Step 2. Inside the XI, this message is routing and mapping to the

IDoc LOIPRO too.

Step 3. The XI sends the IDoc LOIPRO to the O2P (non-SAP external system).

Well, until Step 2, everything is OK.

But, we are having troubles to create an IDoc Adapter receiver to O2P (external system), because the O2P is a non-SAP system.

So, how can we create the communication channel IDoc Adapter, if the receiver isn't a R/3 system ?

All information will be welcome.

Thanks a lot,

Honorato

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with Non SAP System which data format it can accept and what are the connectivity options available to establish connection from PI to Non SAP System..

Based on those options you need to design your interface in PI...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

What data format does the O2P understand? XML? You will need an adapter within the PI for the translation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Swarup,

Good learning for me.

regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Even RFC destination needs to be created for this.

I don't know in his case the system can read IDOC structure

regards,

Ravi Siddam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could set-up the port which have inter linked to Non-SAP system.

So non-SAP system will accept the IDOCs from the set-up port and allow the inbound IDOCs for the given destination.

This is where the authorized Certification of SAP helps to convert and accept it to non-SAP system.

I am not sure if in the above query he have this set-up inline...If its then IDOCs will not be acceptable...else there will not be any problem.

Thnaks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cann't use the IDOC adapter with non-SAP system, so if your receiving system is non-SAP then you have to user other suitable adapters available in XI like FILE,JDBC etc which suits to you.

with regards,

Ravi Siddam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is wrong assumption as we can't use IDOC adapters with non-SAP system.

If the Non-Sap systems are compatible to accept the native IDOC structure from integration server and certified with SAP so I don't think there will be any problem with Receiver IDOC adapter to treat the receiver system as SAP and send the IDOCs.

thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can achieve this by dealing with the Native IDOC structure via Integration server for Non-sap systems.

In this case you can use the IDOC adapter to receive the IDOCs to Non-SAP system. Its like treating the receiver Non-SAP system as an SAP system only. For this Non-SAP system should be compatible enough and SAP certified to accept the IDOC structures..

Refer similar kind of discussions and reference docs.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/52/16abc2543311d1891c0000e8322f96/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0b/2a6524507d11d18ee90000e8366fc2/frameset.htm

Thanks

swarup

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>non-SAP external system, called O2P

You cannot create IDOC Adapter, IDOC Adapter can be created for SAP System & IDOC understanding system like Mercator.. In your case I hope the O2P will not understand IDOC.

In you Scenerio IDOC is the Sender hence no need Sender Adapter, Check whether Port, RFC Destination are created in SAP R/3 & XI, The Receiver can be File Adapter so that you can the File to the non-SAP external system ( O2P )

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss