cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I Got a requirement on pricing.Can we discuss whether the same can be configured in SAP R/3

Scenario

For example we sell Product X to customer 1234.

When he purchase 50 goods we need to give him for 10 USD EA

If he places another order for 50 with in 6 months.System should check that he already ordered 50 and this 50 comes 100.So we ned to give him at 9 USD EA till 100 material of X.

If he places another order for 50 more with in 6 months.System should check that he already ordered 100 and this 50 comes 150.So we ned to give him at 8 USD EA till 100 material of X.

With in 6 Months

X Order 1 50 10 USD EA

X Order 2 50 9 USD EA

X Order 3 50 8 USD EA.

There should be Scaling for PR00 and at the same time the scaling should consider previous orders also.

Scaling is 50 - 10 USD

50 to 100 - 9 USD

100 to 150 - 8 USD. And this scaling should consider the order history of previuos orders and give the price.

Its not scaling with in a particulat transaction.

Please share your thoughts of configuring this.

Thanks & Regards

Sree.Manam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manam

As you know that standard SAP gives an option where you could configured pricing with scales or pricing with graduated scales.When you create a condition record for a pricing element, you can define a pricing scale. For example, a scale based on quantity can determine that the more a customer orders of a

particular product, the lower the price.

This pretty much works as long as this is being taken place in single sales document. However, in your case, you need to refer customer's sales history where in if he has already ordered 50 items in past, if yes, give him lower price.

Well, in my opinion this certainly needs a logic to built up where you would like to check customer previous document, the quantity ordered to dynamically change the next level of pricing.

Kalpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpesh,

Thanks for your reply,You are correct.I am just looking whether i am ignoring any standard process there in SAP to handle this requirement and if there is no standard process, Will i be able to handle with a routine in the Alternate caliculation type..

Thanks & Regards

Sree.Manam

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can develop a routine and assign under AltCBV column against the discount condition type.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manam,

I have done all the settings required in my local server to get the desired functionality however itu2019s very difficult to satisfy both the conditions at a single instance. By activating scale type to Graduated to interval scale which is a quantity based more a customer orders lower the price he gets.

However with the second instance system has to check the past sales history to offer lower price. I think there is no standard functionality would fulfill your requirement. Even I tried by activating condition update for the condition type where to some extent we can limit pricing by cumulative value, number of orders and condition base value but even this functionality does not support the previous sales history related with the ordered quantity to change the pricing level dynamically.

You need to develop a routine and assign under AltCBV to the discount.

Regards,

Vamsi.

Edited by: Victor Collins on Aug 20, 2008 9:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Thanks for your response,can you please explain the functionality of Scale type and Graduated to Interval scales in that.

Thanks & Have a nice day,

Sree.Manam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manam,

Basically scale type is used to set the limits to calculate the price/discount. You can set this on quantity basis or percentage basis.

Options A, B, C are self explanatory.

D- Graduated to interval scales is like in your scenario if you want to give lower the price if customer buys more but this will not be applicable to all. Customer should get some discount by after exceeding some quantity.

Example: After maintaining record.

To 50 - 10 USD

To 100 - 9 USD

To 150 - 8 USD

If customer orders 200 pieces for the first 50 system should take 10 USD each and from 51to 100 it should take 9 USD each from 101 to 150 or above it should take 8 USD each.

Let me know if you still require more inputs on this.

Regards,

Vamsi