cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicator: Filter on Qualified Link exlcudes main table record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our main table is Customers. We have a qualified table for Contacts. When syndicating Customer data to other applications, we only want to syndicate the Contact where the Contact Funtion = Primary.

When I filter on Contact Function = Primary, then the main table record is only inlcuded in the syndication if the Customer has a Contact link whose Function is Primary. I need to syndicate all Customers even if the customer does not have a primary contact. I only want to filter the Contacts included in the syndication.

I have set the Map Properties Filter Qualifes Links checkbox to on.

thanks

Tammi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammi,

I am not sure whetehr i have got your requirement right.

You want to syndicate all customers with contact function= primary and contact function = blank

If this is teh case you will have to use two searches

- In the qualified search,filter the records with the function as primary,this will give the the main records with the primary function

- you will then have to make another search wherin you have to keep the key word as Null .this should retrieve the main rec with blank primary code function.

- you can then syndiacte these two sets using the mdm syndicator

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to synidate all customer records regardless of contacts linked to the customer.

A customer can have one to many contacts. There are several contact functions such as Primary, Sold To, Owner, etc.

When I syndicate the customer, I need to syndicate all Customer main table data and include Contact data only if the Contacts function = Primary, otherwise the contact data should be null in the syndiation.

A customer may have no contacts --> Syndicate Customer main table data, contact data is null

A customer may have theee contacts: 1 = primary, 2 = ship to, 3 = owner --> Syndicate Customer main table data and Primary contact data

A customer may have two contacts: 1 = ship to, 2 = owner --> Syndicate Customer main table data, contact data is null (since no Primary contact exists)

I hope this clarifies the requirement.

thanks

Tammi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tammi,

Hope I understood well, abt the requirement:

" You want to syndicate all the Customer records, either Contacts = primary or anythingelse, but contacts should have value right ?? "

Then Pls go to free-form search, Choose the Correspodning field in the maintable for Contacts qualified table--> Choose the Operator "is NULL" --> Choose the value "NO".

this should solve your problem... if our requirements exactly match.

thanks

Alexander