cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force one unique record in a qualified table in data manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our main table is Customers. We have a qualified table that stores Company Code information. We need to ensure that each customer in the main table has only one record per company code in the Company Code qualifeid table.

Company ABC can be linked to Company Code 1, Company Code 2, Company 3 (three records in the Company Code qualified table)

Company ABC cannot be linked to Company Code 1, Company Code 2, Company 2 (three records in the Company Code qualified table where two are duplicates)

Company code is a the only Non-Qualifer field in the Company Code qualifeid table. I have set field as Unique in the console but i can still add duplicate records

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tammi,

Choosing Qualified table is wise option, when we really want to maintain possible duplicate data!

otherwise Normal Lookup table would be ideal option.

befor we proceed further, cud u pls explain me the unique factor to choose qualified in ur Business requirement?

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using a qualifed table because multiple company codes can be assigned to one customer and we have approx. 10 attributes we need track for each company code. The company code qualified table is similair to the R/3 Customer Coompany Code table (KNB1).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tammi,

Alright, I couldn't get succeed to restrict duplicates in the Qualified Look-ups!

Since ur requirement doesn't go well with Hierarchy or Taxonomy!

If its One time Load and no further modification required means you can think abt Multi-valued Lookups!

thanks

Alexander