cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest opatch tool , i have gone through several notes but a bit off confusion. please help me,

Where do i have to install the Opatch tool in the unix operating system is it under /oracle.

After installation of the Opatch tool , how do i install the interim patches using the Opatch tool and under which patch should i install the interim patches.

Ple help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Where do i have to install the Opatch tool in the unix operating system is it under /oracle.

Check note 1026237 - FAQ: OPatch and Universal Installer 10.2 point 8

> After installation of the Opatch tool , how do i install the interim patches using the Opatch tool and under which patch should i install the interim patches.

If you install multiple patches at once, it's much easier to use the "mopatch" script provided (including documentation) in

Note 1027012 - MOPatch - Install Multiple Oracle Patches in One Run

So basically

- update your opatch to the latest version

- download all patches for your database version

871096 - Oracle Database 10g: Patch sets/patches for 10.2.0 (50+ patches)

1137346 - Oracle Database 10g: Patches for Release 10.2.0.4 (25 patches)

- put all the patches in one directory

- apply them using the documentation in the MOpatch note

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MArkus.

Thanks for the reply. Even though oracle 9 has no support they wanted to install ORalce 9 as they want to built same system as the other system .

I am installing ORacle 9 and ORacle PAtch 9.0.7.0.

I went through various notes i am confused please help me the procedure to install.

Where do i have to install the Opatch tool in the unix operating system is it under /oracle.

After installation of the Opatch tool , how do i install the interim patches using the Opatch tool and under which patch should i install the interim patches.

thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have checked that the opatch is there in <oracle_home>/920_64.

Now i am trying to install the opatch, but i am getting error.

This is what i have done, I have created a directory call patchs in /oracle and copied all the interim patches and unzipped there.

Now i have tried to install opatch as below

cd /oracle/patchs/2908770(unzipped file name)

opatch apply

No opatch found

I have followed as per the note.

Please some one help me.

thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check with

opatch lsinventory

if it finds your oraInventory. You get an output?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

After trying all the options at last i am able to install the Opatches.

Please help with the below

As per note 938986, i could find all the opatches except 4029101.- I could n't find this patch in service .sap.com. can i ignore the same.

When i installed the patch 5225794 - it was installed successfully, when i am installing the next patch that is 4192148, it removed the patch 522594 and installed 4192148 -- what should i do in this situation, can i ignore it .

Pl help.

thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.

5225794 is a "Merge patch" - see note 1233304 - CPU Patches July 2008 (Oracle Critical Update Program). Those are security patches, that collide with recommended patches.

You have to choose whether you want to install the security patch or use the other patch (see note).

Markus