cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt about diference between SAPconsole and SAPmobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been many doubts about diference between sapconsole and sapmobile, if anyone could help me I appreciate.

1) I have ECC6 instaled, the SAP Mobile is compatible with ECC6 or I need of Netweaver Instaled ?

2) If Possible to Install Sap Mobile in ECC6 , I have to Buy a license of sap mobile ?

3) in any product instaled Windows CE have possible to install sap mobile ?

4) In sap console what is the requirement for to do this configuration?

I Anybody to know about this informations please explain for me ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks I found..

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Osvaldo,

Please share the information here so that it helps others as well.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

My apology,

The Basic Diference beteween SAPConsole and SAPMobile is :

SAPConsole ==>

1 ) Don' t need a new Hardaware for to configurate

2 ) Only need a Machine with the IIS service installed

3 ) The SAPGui CD content the SAPCOnsole.exe for configuration

4 ) The equipment like Pocket and datacolletor has been to configurated in a Network( but if to have a entrance in the SAPGUi indicate a SAProuter in another factory is possible to have acesses.. ) is a mandatory. Cause the SAPCOnsle folow the SAPGUI entrances and need a LAN or a WAN configurated.

Advantage

simple to congurated and chip.

Easy to create to new window cause the SAPConsole only plubish this window in Browser.

Disadvantage

Need a lincense for each Poket or Datacolletor, wherever the equipment you will use.

Doesn't have a Database using through Browser (IE6 or IE7) this way , during the processes lost network you go to lost the information not saved.

SAPMobile

1 ) Need the a good Machine with a instance of SAP configurate

2 ) Have to found the EXE in the MarketPlace

3 ) is not publish, and yes a client with the database configurate in equipment

4 ) The equipment like Pocket and datacolletor has been to configurated in a Network

Advantage

Need only one SAP License, doesn't metter how many equipment in use you have.

As the SAPMobile has a Database in the client , if you lost the network it goes to save in the local database and when the network come back , it will to synchronize. This way you don't need to work online every moment, you get to synchronize after.

Disadvantage

You profit in license is your lost in the Machine cause the price of Machine is expensive.

is configurate only in windows Mobile.

The window only can be create for a Developement and not in the SAP, have been created in windows Mobile.

A tip, the both is good but you can do a simple mathematics.

In the SAPConsole how much money you go to spend is the least of the Machine s Price.

If yes confurate the SAPConsole , if not configurate the SAPMobile