cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 Client Copy - Source Cl User Master?

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

When completing a client copy I have created the new client using SALE - Logical Systems - Define Logical System

I created a test client 900 (which I would like to build from our golden client 200) I have a couple of questions. From the documentation I am using it indicates that after completing the definition of the new client. we should reset SAP* by adding login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 (which I am familiar with)

rebooted SAP (previously backing up the kernel of course)

Log into new client 900 and create a user to later use for RFC destination configuration. Unfortunately this new client may not yet contain any data so that when I try to create this userid none of the drop downs in SU01 contain data. I was able to create the new user BUT it has no profiles etc... that I can assign.

This is my first question... I think this user should be configured after the client copy??? right?

Last question,

When I run SCCL I want to copy from client 200 to NEWLY created client 900.

So the entry screen should go something like this (please confirm)

Target Client 900

Selected Profile sap_all

Description All client specific data w/o change options

Source Client 200

Source Client User Masters 200

my question also, do I get User Masters from client 200 because there have been HCM table configurations etc... recently applied or do I get this information from client 000, My guess is I would get it from client 200.

sorry for the long message I just wanted to provide background.

maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All client specific data will come from 200.

All user masters will come from 200 as well.

All it will share in common with 000 is repository data/code, etc. All non-client specific stuff.

I don't like to do any customizing in 000, so you probably should, going forward, keep a custom client as your user master source, and keep 000 clean for new clients you create.

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

This is what I thought.

The documentation was based on a client copy using 000 to compare the differences for configurations made in client 200, because some of the HCM tables did NOT contain customizations.

Thanks again

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

no problem

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

btw

in db02 under the files tab under the column for pct free IF pct free is 0,00 what does this mean?

and how can I reset or increase it?

m.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That just means that database file is full and it will grow by the amount in the next column when more data needs to be written to it.

I try to manually keep up with the files and keep them the same size from the Database side so that I can keep it spread evenly among all files.

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

our OS is windows 2003, so sql auto extends the files...

but, this is the first time i've observed that free pct is 0,00 makes me uneasy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, I don't trust the SQL auto-extend.

It tends to build one file larger than the others, and during intense writes it sometimes can't keep up and performance suffers or the system stops altogether.

I would have your DBA leave the auto-growth on, for safety's sake, but always manually keep 5-10% free in each file and keep them all the same size.

But that's just me...

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Something else occured to me...

by creating two additional clients in my QAS server and only one instance of SAP is installed ... currently only two clients exist 200 and 600 and they EXIST in all three environments dev, qas and prdn.

BY introducting two clients ONLY in QAS how will I transport items from client 200 DEV to 201 or 202 QAS? Will I need to make changes to stms? if so what?

The purpose of adding these additional clients is to separate testing, training and parallel testing that our PeopleSOft migration project team (migragation of Peoples soft to SAP) for HCM will nedd to .

Maria

Answers (0)