cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to JMS: basic scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've read a lot about sync to async bridge without BP in this forum.

For example, a JMS "send" can be correlated with a "receive" transmitted later by the receiving application.

But in my case, it's easier. The receiving application just consume the JMS messages....

The only "thing" i need to know is if the message is commited on the JMS queue or if a failure occurs...

Here the description of the process:

A soap request is received. This request itself must be send on a JMS queue.

The soap response ist just a acknoledgment ( => fire and forget).

Either the request is transmitted and commited on the JMS queue and the WS client receives an OK ack,

either there's a technical problem and the WS client receives a "not OK", or a soap fault.

Performance is an important factor, so i don't want to use the BPE.

- is it possible without a BP ?

- is it possible without the async/sync bridge ?

- if the bridge is mandatory, is it also mandatory to configure the 2 JMS adapters (receveir and sender) ? i don't see a reason to configure the sender, because i have nothing to correlate...

Thanks

Regards

Thierry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, If I understand your requirement right, you want a end to end process flow, where you want to make sure that the SOAP message was not only delivered to XI Application layer using the Sender SOAP adapter but you also wnat to ensure that it reached the target end point, JMS adapter in your case.

1. If you make a Asynch call to XI using the SOAP adapter, XI will trigger a HTTP resonse 200 OK back to the Calling SOAP application and this will be done to confirm the receipt of message to XI, and hence this option is ruled out.

2. If you make a Synch Call without a BPM, then you need to ensure that you have 2 JMS adapters - One Receiver to Receive the JMS message from XI and one Sender to send the JMS response to XI. the JMS adapter will have to use the correlation and ofcourse the Application on the JMS side has to be set up to be able to send this response to XI. If this is possible this is the solution you need to go for.

3. If this is not possible. Use a BPM. SOAP makes a synch call to XI. BPM sends the message to JMS. BPM send step requests for a Technical Acknowledgment and once the tech ack comes to BPM, a Send Step ( Close Synch Asynch Bridge ) sends the response back to the SOAP adapter to tell you that the JMS message was posted as needed.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (0)