cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance Calibrator SOD Conflict (FI01 and FB05)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was hoping that someone could provide some insight as to why the "FI01 - Create Bank" and "FI02 - Change Bank" transactions would create a risk (in Compliance Calibrator) when coupled in the same security role with the "FB05 - Post with Clearing" transaction. The risk description given by Compliance Calibrator is "Maintain bank account and post a payment from it".

The FI01 and FI02 t-codes appear to only create/change routing numbers or addresses for banks. There is no ability to create or change an actual bank account. This alone doesn't seem to create a conflict when coupled with a posting transaction. Is there possibly some functionality that I am missing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its better if you consult with your process head or any one who has full functional knowledge.

Its purely functional.

What others have to say!

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joshua,

I believe the risk is that if you use a one time vendor/customer with transaction FB05, the transaction prompts you to enter bank information. If you can do that along with maintain the bank data, that could lead to some serious fraud.

I would recommend having a group of owners review the rule set to make sure that the rules, at a high level, make sense for your company and then dive down into the lower levels.

Elizabeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

What transaction are you referring to when you say "one time vendor/customer"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joshua,

We currently have one time vendors and one time customers set up in our system. With those customers, we have to enter in address and bank information everytime we make postings against that customer number. Within transaction FB05, it prompts us to put in that information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

I strongly agree with you that there is no SOD conflict technically with FI01, FI02 with FB05 although the wording of the SOD conflict in a business sense meaning Maintain Bank Accounts vs Posting Payments sounds more like a Conflict.

I dont see by anyway how you can maintain actual bank account in either FI01, FI02.

FI01 and FI02 - Maintain Bank Info like Bank Address, Bank Key and soforth.

FB05 - Make Payments to various accounts.

Regards,

Kiran Kandepalli.