cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between PI_BASIS 2005_1_700 and PI_BASIS 2006_1_700

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guyz,

Can anybody let me know the difference between these two, how confusing is this. Do we need both? We have PI_BASIS 2005_1_700 till patch 13 but suddenly in market place i found PI_BASIS 2006_1_700, two different PI_BASIS for same release? Do we need both while updation PI_BASIS 2005_1_700 or just continue with our PI_BASIS 2005_1_700.

Please guide us.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please request side effect report from the SAP to understand the changes and effect on the system for any confusion related with S patches.

SAP provides the side effect report for each and every patch that it releases.

You have to have only one release of PI_BASIS .Preference shall always be latest but this depened upon the dependency of some other application also.i.e Bi connected to ECC6.0 etc.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We sorted this problem. SAP released two PI_BASIS for 7.00 (2005 & 2006). We need to maintain any one to the latest pack level. For e.g. if we are at SP16 for which PI_BASIS 2005 is 0016, then there is no need of any PI_BASIS 2006 package ( the latest is 0006 which is equal to PI_BASIS 2005 0016). So its enough if we maintain any one to the latest level.

Regards

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It simply a different component realease... you need to use SAINT to upgrade to PI_BASIS 2006_1_700 and then patch the component via SPAM.

You don't need both 2006_1_700 replace 2005_1_700

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

So i dont need to maintain PI_BASIS 2006 if im regularly updating PI_BASIS 2005, Am i right? I really dont understand whts the use of two different component releases for same 700 release. IS there any use of this?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is simply a natural patch progression..

You will find that patches for 2005_1_700 are not been released anymore so you will have to upgrade the component release to 2006_1_700 in order to keep it up to date.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Juan,

The patches PI-Basis 2005_1_700 are not stopped and are being still released and latest is 16 equal to latest SP Stack 16. Thats one of reason i got doubt tht if we update PI_BASIS 2005_1_700 to 16 from 11 where we are, do we still need to go with PI_BASIS 2006_1_700.

Anybody please shed some light on this issue.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See there is two methods of applying components one is delta upgrade which will overwrite the old component version with the newer one.Other would be adding the new component with keeping the older one still in the system.But if you do this then You have to upload the pathces for both the components and would be difficult for you, after certain period of time sap will stop the maintanence of that component.

So all people will go for delta upgrade that is replacing the older component with the newer one.

While applying the component in saint always put the support package 1 for that component which will avoid any inconsistecies.

Just go ahead and apply the delta upgrade one of 2006_1_700.

Regards,

Vamshi.